Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AfterEffects crashes my colors

Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, guys!

I`m really beginner on my way as a motion designer. And I have a problem with colors after render process in AfterEffects.

I have an animation with Background color #333459. This animation must be used on the screen of application with the same background color. For User Interface design I use Sketch and Principle (on MacOs only). In both programs I`ve checked this color several times. It`s the same.

And even when I`m in Sketch or Principle and use the Dropper Tool for defining color code and move this tool out of the program canvas inside the AfterEffects space. The eye-dropper define my desired color with code #333459.

Screen Shot 2017-08-03 at 11.23.26 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-03 at 11.37.38 AM.png

That`s why I think the problem appears after render exactly. I set up the render with QuickTime, RGB, h.264 with max quality. Maybe I need to use some other settings for the render?

Screen Shot 2017-08-03 at 11.41.12 AM.png

Help me, please! I`m really lost in it and don`t know what to do!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I set up the render with QuickTime, RGB, h.264 with max quality.

you are rendering H.264 through Ae? don't do that. this particular codec is old and buggy. use AME to export H.264 from Ae. Basics of rendering and exporting in After Effects CC

And I have a problem with colors after render process in AfterEffects.

how are you viewing your render? import the render back to Ae, are the colors alright? then it's alright, and it's the player that's causing the issue. also bare in mind that when compressing footage, due to the inherit chroma subsampling of H.264 (4:2:0) you are bound to lose color accuracy in many cases. not much to do about it but to render a less compressed format. you might want to try different encoders like Handbreak that produces x.264 format which is considered by many a better option than H.264.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply forget it. Your colors will never look consistent. That's inherent in video and how different systems treat Gamma. As Roei said, encoding H.264 using the legacy QT methods doesn't help, either, and well, to point out the most obvious flaw in your whole workflow: None of this matters if you are not working with color management and calibration. Your whole workflow simply doesn't make any sense. If at all, you would have to encode different videos for different platforms and even then you better make sure they are reasonably color neutral and your video uses an excellent compression that doesn't screw your colors too much...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You, Mylenium.

Can You, please, advice me what color management and calibration tools do you use? Or is this not tool? Maybe do you have some tips for this workflow?

I`m very thankful!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi ВялыхВ,

Sorry for this issue. Did you ever find a solution? Please let us know if you have or if you still need help.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your simplest workaround would be to tweak the brightness and contrast of the video in the Sketch and Principle app, if it allows it.

If there are no colour controls for video in that app, screenshot the colour discrepancy as a reference, bring it into After Effects and create an Adjustment Layer to compensate for it, and then export that version.

I used your screenshot as a reference and saved out a Curves preset that you can try using. Apply a Curves effect to your background (or an Adjustment Layer above the whole timeline), and then import the file from the Effects Panel.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhyOTAuOwz3Hl-MZCP3Jyu7AY8ByGA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines