• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Password protect folder with Action

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I need to do is create an Action using the Wizard to password protect and restrict editing all PDFs in a folder.

I had one set up on my previous version of Adobe but now I have changed to Adobe Acrobat DC and I've lost my previous actions.

In the Actions Wizard I can't find an option to password protect, only to encrypt which still allows editing of the pdf.

I can do it on a single pdf but need to do a whole folder of pdfs.

[Title edited for brevity by moderator]

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What settings in the encrypt step do you use?

Did you add a save step at the end?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I have at last made some progress with the wizard but it's not quite the same as I had before.

In the options I have no password to open document, ticked restrict editing and printing and I have entered a change permissions password. I have ticked encrypt all document contents.

Now if I try to edit the secured pdf I get a popup asking for a password. If the password is incorrect I get the popup saying document is protected and cannot be edited.

Can I get rid of the popup which asks for the password? The secured pdfs created by my old Action just showed the popup saying it couldn't be edited, didn't ask for a password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cathyj6479889  wrote

Can I get rid of the popup which asks for the password?

No.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't it the case that your old secured PDFs also ask for a password in your new software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hadn't tried that but yes, the pdfs that I had secured previously now ask for a password when I try to edit them. So it looks like this is they way it works now. It really shouldn't be a problem. Thanks for all the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Encrypt and password-protect are the same things, and you can run an Action

on an entire folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines