Exit

Win10 Creator update + Production Premium CS6 issues

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

cs6-freeze.png

I have the CS6 Production Premium, and the last updated version of After Effects CS6 64-bit on Windows 10 64-bit "Creator Update". My computer is a desktop 4+4 core i7 with 16 GB RAM.

However, even with very simple projects I often get "AE Low on Memory" type messages and usually AE crashes when working together with Photoshop CS6.. This is ridiculous, as it worked perfectly on Windows 7 on much more complex projects and there is still a great amount of RAM available.

Checked these: https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/improve-performance.html , so Multiprocessor is disabled.

Is CS6 AE not reliable on Win10 "Creator update" ? Suggestions to make it stable?

thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Ok, in the meantime I found a problem that caused most of the memory problems together with PS: too many patterns and brushed were loaded at the beginning, taking up much memory. I removed them and all became more stable.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway, will try that in case problems arise again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When Adobe CS6 was released, WIndows 10 did not exist and nobody tested with the OS at that time. It would be hard to make it stable. My suggestion is you set AfterFX.exe compatible with older OS. AfterFX.exe is located at the directory below. Please see the attached file to change the compatibility.

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CS6\Support Files\

compatibility.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, in the meantime I found a problem that caused most of the memory problems together with PS: too many patterns and brushed were loaded at the beginning, taking up much memory. I removed them and all became more stable.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway, will try that in case problems arise again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines