• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 5 certificate expired

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to install L5 to macbook pro 2009. I insert the cd and warning notice tells me the certificate for this product has expired. I continue to install which only installs a trial application. I bought the cd and it has serial number but when I install it there is no option to enter serial number. I don't want to use creative cloud as this model of mac is now too old to use lightroom in creative cloud. I just want to run L5 from the cd rather than sign up to subscription with CC. Any help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

I suggest to download and install the latest LR5 (5.7.1) directly from here: Download Photoshop Lightroom

There's no need to install 5.0 from CD first.

Post back if you still encounter issues with this version.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest to download and install the latest LR5 (5.7.1) directly from here: Download Photoshop Lightroom

There's no need to install 5.0 from CD first.

Post back if you still encounter issues with this version.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Ill give it a go and let you know..

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked a treat. Thanks very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same error and have downloaded it from that link (as per costumer support) BUT i still get the SAME error!

Customer support that L5 is not supported anymore and it has to be through this forum but no one's been able to give me an answer

I bought a new MACBOOK Pro 2017 and tried to install my L5 through my product installer. Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same happened to me. It won't launch after installation, and was told by inept and stupid people in India that they no longer support lightroom 5. Therefore, you've just gifted us $100. Oh by the way, can I interest you in a overpriced subscription service where we have a constant revenue stream. We aren't interested in you, just making money off of you.

This is some seriously bad customer service by adobe. I will no longer support adobe, and will spread the word. Nobody should support this kind of horrible service. It would be easy to find a work around, but the incompetent tech support half way across the world sends me to this page. They know exactly how to fix the problem. they choose not to.

I've encountered some websites that alter installation certificates on the Mac OS, but none really tell you much. Anybody have any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you notice that this is an old and answered thread ... please open a new thread with more details regarding the issue like exact OS version, exact Version you are trying to install and 'word-by-word' error messages.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines