Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create shape from vector layer "Bug"

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a problem with few vector images (eps file or Ai). When I import them in AE, and try to use the "create shape from vector layer" functionality I have a problem of display. I need to use this functionality because I have to animate each part of this image (most of the times its characters).

good one.jpg

The problem is that some part of the picture are displayed in grey, like this (or just disappear):

wrong one.jpg

I've read in other topics that it's probably due to a problem with gradient fils... But no one seems to know how to solve that...

Does anyone here have an Idea ?

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

There is nothing to solve. You simply have to remove the gradients in Illustrator and replace them with solid fills if you realyl want to convert them later in AE. It's simply not supported because there are no equivalent shape layer gradients. Hence there is nothing that can be translated. Otherwise simply work with the native AI layers like artists have done for 20 years before the conversion feature was even added.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is nothing to solve. You simply have to remove the gradients in Illustrator and replace them with solid fills if you realyl want to convert them later in AE. It's simply not supported because there are no equivalent shape layer gradients. Hence there is nothing that can be translated. Otherwise simply work with the native AI layers like artists have done for 20 years before the conversion feature was even added.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines