• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font Explorer plugin for inDesign CC 2017

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this exist yet? Anyone else figured out where the plugins are for this release?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you require a plug-in like that for CC 2017, run CC 2015.4 in the meantime.

Each time a major release comes out the file format changes and there may be changes in the SDK which require some code re-writing. This doesn't happen immediately.

Cool your jets!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes - but once the auto upgrade are made for adobe apps, the ancien versions are erased... that's loosing control, and that's the way it is now... so for the moment, no FXP plugins for CC 2017, and cool your jets if you want, but you are in deep sh ! (just like me)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread explains how you can revert to CC 2015:

Cannot revert from InDesign CC2017 to CC 2015

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had illustrator and Photoshop issues. Complete system crash.

Photoshop was saying it was out of RAM when I have 24GB installed and 18GB available.

Once I removed the Fontexplorer Plugin and the Filter Forge Plugins all seems fine.

I did however uninstall illustrator (Causing the complete system crash) and reinstalled.

I hope this helps somebody.

I plan to activate the fonts manually and continue to use the new products which seem great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In FontExplorer, in the Tools menu click on Plug-In Manager.
In the window that appears there is a button that says Check for Plug-in Updates.
You click and update the plugins used by the program.
I hope it's what you were looking for ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update on the new plug-ins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi cesvaq​

Thank you for the info. I just did the check and there are no plugins available for FontExplorer Pro 5. One has to upgrade to version 6 for the CC2017 compatibility.

Personally tired of the continuous upgrades to everything I run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the only way I've had to get the plugins. Now everything works perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you have to buy fontexplorer 6. that's a criminal solution that Monotype use to force you to give them Money again. The only solution would be we boycott this commercial policy and start use another program for managing font. we all can change the situation! Don't upgrade to version 6 and leave... the will hopefully rethink this stupid decision. Fight for your right as a Designer... also a Designer have some

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do any of the other font managers update the plugins for previous versions? I'm pretty sure Extensis don't with Suitcase.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Extensis certainly does. With each release they may drop a version or so. Suitcase Fusion 7 supports CS6 and later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob's right: Extensis Suitcase Fusion supports all recent versions. I use

it on Windows and Mac with CS6 and several versions of CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FontExplorer 6 has plugins going back to CS6 too, but does Suitcase 6 have plugins for CC 2017? That would be the equivalent to what Mokarello expects of FontExplorer (a CC 2017 plugin for FontExplorer 5).

It's not that I think it's a good thing for font managers to use reliance on plugins as the main motivation to upgrade, but I think they all do it.

FWIW, having used Suitcase for a few years, I did a month's trial of each of the main three (Suitcase, FontAgent and FontExplorer) earlier this year, and FontExplorer came out on top for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Danny, that's my Problem. More functions, new functions for more money (new money)! But to earn Money from users to give them the functions Back ist evil!

I paid for FontExplorer 4 and again for 5 but this marketing policy don't motivate me to Upgrade. This motivate me to install a torrent client. FontExplorer 5.5. for the license torrent for the Upgrade. Not all of us are slaves in bundle....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, you think somehow you’re entitled to a free upgrade when a new version of anything comes out? And on top of that if you don’t get it, you’ll just steal it?

Your attitude, quite frankly sucks and is truly one of the reasons more and more software companies are going to go to a subscription model.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and by the way... without automatic font activation ist font explorer useless... the Font Book on the mac would be the same. why did I buy a software that a couple of months later became useless because of the marketing policy of the seller?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you complaining about it here?

Software and hardware are cost of doing business. If you don't like it, then find another business.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Bob. If you're using InDesign, a computer, and other software for business, you should build the cost of updates and upgrades into your business plan.

If you're doing it for yourself, or you're retired, you don't need a font manager application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're right.... that the wrong place.

but i don't think that paying for a CC every month means that i have to pay every Year for Fontexplorer to make the things working properly. I didn't know if you pay taxes.... do you? I Do. And i Pay also every couple of years for a new mac. And for printing proof an Printing drafts... paper and color and 1000 things more... so take care of your business please. I do it with mine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A font manager is not required but I wouldn’t want to live without one.

If you don’t want to buy it, then don’t. It’s you money. Spend it (or don’t) however you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines