• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MSO in InDesign for fixed layout ePub for Windows

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I've been searching the forums and following guides and have read a lot of old posts with very few addressing the problem I'm having at the moment, so I just wanted to reach out to the community and ask if this works for everyone else now, or something that is just known as fact that it doesn't work.

I have an inDesign page with a MSO ( Multi-state object) and when I preview it on in Indesigns EPUB interactivity preview it works perfectly, when I export it and view it in iBooks, it works perfectly, when I then try opening that file in Readium ( I've tried lots of others too with no success such as Kindles reader, Kobo, ADE, Bluefire reader but Readium rendered it the best ) It doesn't have any interactivity, I get the hand icon to show it is a button, but on click it does nothing.

I'm using Indesign CC 2017 2017.1 Release ( 12.1.5.56 Build ) with default export to ePub fixed layout settings.

and here's a link to my indesign file if anyone can think of a solution or wants to look a little closer as to what I may be doing wrong.

Dropbox - epub-fixed-layout-1 page.indd

Any thoughts or solutions are welcome - essentially I'm after an indesign file I can export which has working MSO's on iPad and Windows Desktops.

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to InDesign EPUB forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, not all epub readers are created equal.

If it works in iBooks, my guess is that this on the reader applications, not the file you created. You could also try publishing it to Publish Online where it should work if it was created properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the quick reply!

Looks perfect online - so unfortunately does look like the reader applications not support this.

Don't suppose you know of any other method which doesn't involve epub, which allows me to use MSO's on iPads and Desktops.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Should work in Adobe Digital Editions though you might run into some other issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines