• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom is drastically reducing pixel dimensions upon export

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I export several hundred files a day from Lightroom, with no problems until today. I select a collection of images, right click and choose "export". File settings for JPEG is at 100 quality, resize to fit is not checked, and resolution is at 300 pixels per inch. My original file sizes, viewed in Lightroom, are 5616 x 3744 px. After export, the size is usually the same. I have made no changes to any settings, but today all my exported files are 2560x1707 pixels. I have lost an entire day's work, and just cannot figure out what has happened. Restarting my computer and Lightroom does not make any difference.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

The size 2560x1707 is a clue to the possibility that you are Exporting from SMART PREVIEWS.

You need the 'original' full-size photo files available to Lightroom to export 'full-size'.

Do you have the originals on an external drive that is not connected?

ps: Setting a Resolution is pointless and unnecessary! Digital files are sized by "Pixels"- nothing else.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The size 2560x1707 is a clue to the possibility that you are Exporting from SMART PREVIEWS.

You need the 'original' full-size photo files available to Lightroom to export 'full-size'.

Do you have the originals on an external drive that is not connected?

ps: Setting a Resolution is pointless and unnecessary! Digital files are sized by "Pixels"- nothing else.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, you are right. I had moved the original files to a different external drive. I moved them back to their original location and all is fine.

Just for future reference, is there a quick way to show Lightroom that a large number of original files have moved to a different location?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you look just below the histogram it will indicate whether or not you are working on the "original image" or a "smart preview". If you have the original connected and a smart preview it will indicate such.

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

abluegreycat  wrote

Just for future reference, is there a quick way to show Lightroom that a large number of original files have moved to a different location?

In the Library module, Folders panel, right-click on a top-level folder that you have moved and select "relocate" or "find missing" as appropriate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines