Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slide show in ebook with png pictures

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

so I have been wanting to create a e-book that has a interactive slide show but the images are png files. Now the reason I am using png files and not jpegs is because I want the background to be visible. Is there any way that I can do this?

Thanks again for your help in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

When you use the object states and convert each image to a state, only the active state is visible the other states will be hidden, so yes you can use you png's with out a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An "ebook" can be created in many different ways. Each workflow has its own requirements, advantages and disadvantages.

Until you tell your InDesign version, and how you're outputting (EPUB Fixed Layout, EPUB reflowable, Interactive PDF, SWF, Publish Online, HTML, etc.) we can't help you much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you asking how to place images on the page in indesign? need more description/ information, please.

Is the e-book and interactive .pdf? a DPS publication, e-pub? fixed layout?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi patrick,

As per your query you are looking for steps to create eBook with slideshow through InDesign. Please check out the video in below mentioned link.

How To Create a Slideshow in InDesign CC for your Interactive ePUB - YouTube

Hope this helps !

Regards

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry let me clarify, I wanted to make a slideshow in my ebook fixed layout but the images are pngs. now is there a way for indesign to hid the images behind it or is it not possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not being clear. What do you mean by hide the images behind it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe i simply don't understand the slideshow part. You know when you are making a slideshow you are basically arranging the images to be all aligned together? Well I would like to do that only with png files but what I am asking is that if I used my transparent pngs will the images in the back of the slideshow appear? or will only the image in the front be visible until I hit the button to go to the next image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you use the object states and convert each image to a state, only the active state is visible the other states will be hidden, so yes you can use you png's with out a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines