Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing the Size of an object over mutliple tweens

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone

I am brand new to Adobe Animate (started using it yesterday) and need help with a project I just inherited at a brand new job.

I was tasked to alter an animation made in Animate. The previous employee had several objects moving along a path and made multiple tweens on one layer multiple times. (see screenshot below)

Screen Shot 2017-08-02 at 11.22.44 AM.png

I was tasked to make the objects bigger and I discovered if I click on the dot (see total newbie, I don't even know what that is called) I can hit transform and change the size of the object. But I have to do that for every tween throughout the animation and there are hundreds. Is there a way I can highlight all the layers and change all the "dots" to the same size at once?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

The thing that is being tweened is a symbol (most likely a Graphic with a name that starts with 'Tween' in the Library). You can go into that Graphic and make its inner contents be bigger. You would only have to do that once for each animated object.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

probably not.  (and the timeline dots represent keyframes.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Criminy. My first impulse on looking at that timeline was to track down the original developer and beat them.

...at checkers. Anyway, at the bottom of the timeline there's a tiny button that looks like two keyframes stacked on top of each other. That's the Edit Multiple Frames button, and it might be able to help you.

Edit Multiple Frames - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tested editing multiple frames before posting my suggestion, and unfortunately it also will scale the tween coordinates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing that is being tweened is a symbol (most likely a Graphic with a name that starts with 'Tween' in the Library). You can go into that Graphic and make its inner contents be bigger. You would only have to do that once for each animated object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colin, If I ever see you in person, expect a huge bear hug and possibly a kiss if I am feeling frisky! This worked and saved me hours of time! Thank you so much!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Misread that as bare. Feeling relieved now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines