• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign corrupting psd and other files

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have been working on am indesign file a while, lots of text, pngs and various linked psd files.

Recently finished another section of text and linked a new psd file. When exporting, it tells me it can't, when looking into the problem I find around 5-10 different things, (psd files and pngs), that have been corrupted and means I can no longer export the file. I try and open the psd and png files seperately, and they are actually corrupted!

How is indesign doing this? I have now lost quite a few things I have been working on, is there a repair function or something?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

There could be a number of reasons, but InDesign has no way of corrupting the PSD and PNG files. They are not opening the files, they are only displaying them.

Have you tried opening them in Photoshop and re-saving them? I've heard it could the signs of a hard drive problem as one example of a cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There could be a number of reasons, but InDesign has no way of corrupting the PSD and PNG files. They are not opening the files, they are only displaying them.

Have you tried opening them in Photoshop and re-saving them? I've heard it could the signs of a hard drive problem as one example of a cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Attempting to open psd in photo results in "Could not complete your request because it is not a valid Photoshop document"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines