• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

EXTREMELY Slow Playback Preview in After Effects 2017

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer specs are GTX GeForce 1060 and 16 GB RAM.

Whenever I try to preview, it is extremely slow, and I mean EXTREMELY. It goes at a rate from 00.3 to 1 frames out of 50. Any suggestions or fixes to this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Josh Oyen Beats,

Sorry for this issue. Did you ever find a solution? Please let us know if you have or if you still need help.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2017 Oct 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I resolved my playback issue with Adobe After Effects CC 2017 preview.   Payback was really slow (and not in real time) - even though I have a souped up computer with plenty of RAM, hard drive space, and computing power.  I resolved the issue by stepping down the resolution (in a box below the preview section) until it began playing in real time (half).  It does not look as nice, but it shows all of the effects in real time - which is ok with me for a preview. 

A workaround before I figured this out was rending the file to avi.  It played back to the screen properly in real time while rendering the file.  So, as least I could see what I was working with. 

No fiddling around with a bunch of setting.  Just a quick adjustment and the preview works like a preview should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines