• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exposure adjustment in Lr.

Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is regarding exposure adjustment in Lr.

Please let me know why after adjusting the exposure in Lr. I am unable to see the real changes.

Actually, It takes a few days until I see the actual changes. At the time of adjustment, it looks right, but then after a few days, I see the pictures are more brighter or much darker than what I expected.

Also, sometimes, I make the changes, however, after exporting when I go back to my exported files I see that there has no adjustment done on the images.

What is wrong with my software? Is there any bug?

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac or Windows? Which version?

Which exact NUMBER version of Lightroom?
Can you link us to some screen shots so that we can see what you are seeing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows, Lr 5.

I think that you misunderstood my point.

My screen has nothing strange.

The end result is strange.

I adjust the exposure on my screen looks good. After a while, when I go back to look at pictures, they look nothing similar to what I was expecting.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you go back to look at the images, are you looking at them in the Lightroom are are you just looking at them in the folders on your computer? This is a critical question because Lightroom does not apply the changes directly to the image files. The changes are stored in the Lightroom catalog. If you want image files that contain all of your Lightroom adjustments you must export copies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I look at the exported images not the raw files. I make the changes in the light-room, then export and then open the exported file and look a the picture. especially, on other computers the picture won't read right in terms of exposure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you exporting as File Type JPG and not File Type Original?

Photos on other computers may not show the same exposure as on your computer, if the other computer's monitor is either improperly calibrated, or if the software on the other computer is not color managed, or if the brightness on the other computer's monitor is cranked up too high or too low (or even if your computer's monitor has brightness cranked up too high or too low). In other words, there are a lot of things that could cause a change of exposure when viewed on another computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do export my files as Jpegs.

I am aware of the other variables, but this happens on my own computer. One day they look normal after adjustment, one they they look blown up wit high exposure. I mean during different day of the week, my pictures would look different on my own screen without touching the screen's monitor itself.

I have no doubt that there is a problem within my own Lr.

Thanks for your time and comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please be much more specific.

When you look at the photo the next day and it is "blown up with high exposure", where are you looking at this photo. Are you looking in Lightroom or some other software? If other software, name the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I open them on my windows 10.

I think it is a default app called  power media player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What causes a file to move without its properties? I have exported files from Lr to desktop. Now that trying to move to a disk, it is telling me the files have no properties!

What has gone missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I look at them on a default app of the windows 10, called windows media power player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have another issue when moving my jpegs and trying to save them on a hard drive. I am trying to attach the screen shot but can't.

the message says that the files have properties that can't be copied to new location. What has happened to my files?

These are the files that edited and exported from Lr as JPEG to my desktop in windows 10, HP Pavillion laptop.

Why am I getting this message?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the screen shot of a new problem I am having with same files edited in Lr, exported as Jpegs, now trying to save in an external hard drive.

What is the problem.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are trying to post a screenshot you must do it from a computer, using the website, not from your phone. Screenshots can not be posted from your phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, why did you think I am using my phone to attach a screen shot? I am using my computer right now and have no access to any phone at this point? I already attached a screen shot to the reply message of an email you sent me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well excuse me. Many times, when screenshots don't appear in replies in the forum it's because the user is trying to post them from a phone. Your screenshots haven't appeared and (unfortunately) I assumed that you may have been trying to post from a phone. Obviously, that was incorrect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries Jim, I am not trying to criticize you , I just wanted to see if this forum is happening on the phone or on the computer, that was all I wanted to make sure that I am not on any phone, you never know what this technology is doing. Everyday a new app on the market and our private notes could end up from screen to a phone one day.

By the way did you get what was the problem with my file transfer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I have no idea what the problem is unless you are trying to attach the screenshot to an e-mail. That isn't going to work either. You need to be connected to the Adobe Lightroom website and use the interface there. When you are writing a response there is an icon on the editing toolbar that allows you to attach an image. And that is what you need to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen shot 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It won't allow me to attach as a normal attachment, it is really bad quality. I am sorry about this type of attachement and I hope that you can figure out my problem soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a very small image, almost makes me think it's a preview image. What is the name of the folder it's in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jpeg Women's Leadership Conference is the name of folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying to attach in the forum not on the phone.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am taking exported files from desktop to an external hard. But there is a new issue. Please view the screen shot.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are looking at this conversation on the computer, go back and look at the responses you have posted. There are NO screenshots. Are you trying to communicate through your e-mail program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines