• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am not able to render video with transparent background in after effect cs6 :(

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm facing a wired problem. Problem is that i'm not able make background transparent even though i'm doing everything right. I followed all the steps.

1. Make sure your background is transparent.

2. Add your composition to the render queue.

3. Click the output module: “Lossless”

4. Set the video output to RGB + Alpha.

5. Render

What can be the issue? I need help. I have been searching for solution for 2 hours

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe the media player you are using to view the video does not support alpha channels.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, transparency in video is often shown as black, so what are you seeing? As Gutter-Fish​ said, your player might not support alphas, but provide a little more information, as well as a screenshot of what you are seeing and we can be more specific.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah you are right the transparency in media player is often shown as black but when i try to use this video clip in sony vegas pro 14, It still shows the black background. You can see that MOV clip is above the picture layer.

2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and you may not be rendering to a codec that supports alpha channels, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave actually i'm absolute beginner on after effects. TBH i'm using after effects for the first time. I just completely followed the tutorial as i mention above. How can i render to a codec that supports alpha channels?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Choosing the Lossless output module will pick a codec that supports Alpha. Just to be sure that you're not changing anything, do you have a Lossless with Alpha option above or below the Lossless option? Also, what codec is being picked? It will say on the right of the dropdown where you chose RGB + Alpha.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

I choosed Lossless with Alpha than RGB+Alpha and than in video codecs i choosed PNG.

3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

faizankhan619  wrote

Thanks for your reply.

I choosed Lossless with Alpha than RGB+Alpha and than in video codecs i choosed PNG.

Import that file into After Effects to confirm it has transparency,  Don't use a media viewer for this.  You can always delete it from your project once you know it has transparency. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Faizankhan,

Sorry for this issue. Did you ever find a solution? Please let us know if you have or if you still need help.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines