Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Speed up one track x 10?

Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have 100's of image files that when played in sequence animate eyes.  They are superimposed over a speaker that I'm bringing to life with the eyes. 

So track 1 is the speaker vid

track two is 100's of image files/eyes.

So so I need the video footage of the speaker to playback at normal speed, and the track 2 with the images to play back x10 faster.  Otherwise I'm going to have to adjust every frame/image shorter in the timeline.  Super hard to do.  I've tried selecting all but when I drag the image to a shorter time only the one changes length.

Is there a way to speed up one track?  Or a way to drag my images into the timeline with predetermined lengths of each image?  The stock time is a something like a secret per image.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Are you asking how to shorten several still photos at once?

If so, here's a trick that may work:

Lasso to select all of the still photos at once, right-click and select Time Stretch. Set the duration you'd like and Time Stretch will change the duration for the entire batch.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In General Preferences is a choice for the default still image duration in frames.  Set it before you add the stills media.  With some math, trial and error you might get track 2 with the stills to match.

Easier might be to create a video of the eye stills in a separate project.  Then that video could be placed on the timeline above the track with the speaker.  There are two tools in Premiere Elements that can change the length of the stills eye video, Time Stretch and Time Remapping. 

Good luck with your project!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I create a separate video of the eyes, wouldn't that a solid layer?   Non transparent background?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you asking how to shorten several still photos at once?

If so, here's a trick that may work:

Lasso to select all of the still photos at once, right-click and select Time Stretch. Set the duration you'd like and Time Stretch will change the duration for the entire batch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.... Lasso to select all of the still photos at once, right-click and select Time Stretch. Set the duration you'd like and Time Stretch will change the duration for the entire batch.

I'm impressed!  It works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I tried that and I was unsble to get to the next step.  As if nothing was selected.  I'll try again. Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perfect.  Worked a charm!  Thanks man.  You saved me a lot of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines