Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto recovery function not working after update

Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I use InDesign on a daily basis and 90% of the time it works flawlessly. However, after the most recent update I have encountered a few program flaws. The main one being that my auto recovery function doesn't seem to be working. I was working on a document this morning and I manually saved it at 9.30am. I carried on working on it (as well as other things) so the file was open in the background. All of a sudden around 1pm my Mac froze, which it has never done since owning it (since 2013). I thought, ahh, thats ok, shit happens! I'll simply reboot the mac and it will auto recover the file from where the last auto save was from, which I have done many a time. Restarted Indesign; do I want to recover data?, Yes please, document loaded up, and it loaded up from the last save point at 9.30am =O so I've basically lost a whole mornings work. For some reason my auto save/recover feature is no longer working. Has anyone else had the same issue?

I am running on a late 2013, 27" iMac, 3.2GHz Intel Core i5 and using InDesign CC 2017 version 2017.1  Build 12.1.0.56

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sad to hear that. Which version of MAC os do you use? is it 10.12.4 by any chance?

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi amaarora,

Thanks for the response. I'm on macOS Sierra version 10.12.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

That is a very rare situation.

I suggest you once delete all your cache and preferences. Troubleshooting 101: Replace, or "trash" your InDesign preferences

FYI: this will remove all your recovery information forever

Also, i would try working on a separate mac partition. I guess it some some other application (maybe antivirus? or third party plugins) that is causing your Mac to freeze.

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines