• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files and folders keep disappearing

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2008 Oct 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a substantial robohelp 7 project. It contains many files located in many folders. For some reason, robohelp "Loses" the files and they are not shown. I then have to import, go back to the very folder and re-import into the very same folder to see them. Robohelp will see them for awhile, then lose them again. I can't figure out why. Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bigbrook

Normally that's a flag to us that your project is being stored and updated from a network location. Is that your case?

If so, move the project to your local C drive and the result should be more positive.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick - I have it local but use source control. I am working off the local version though. Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ouch, owieee! A source control wrinkle!

I'm wondering if that's part of the issue. Are you working with another author or a team? If so, were the folders and files that keep performing the disappearing act created by other parties?

What I'm wondering here is if a project was updated by adding files and folders by a member of a team, somehow Source Control is causing the issue of making the content disappear on other machines.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
For the most part, I originally created and/or imported the whole project. There is one other author but he has been working on other projects until just recently. This problem happened prior to his involvement.

The project is a conversion and update of an older project. Many of the files were originally imported into this one. Everything was actually put together locallly prior to loading to source control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp