• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Properties of the image that can't be copied to a new location.

Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exported my files from Lr to desktop as JPEG. Now trying to move from desktop to an external hard drive but getting the following error message:

"This file has properties that can't be copied to a new location".

I have already taken this file from desktop as  jpeg and saved in another external, hard but I don't understand why it won't allow me to do so anymore.

Please let me know what is problem.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which operating system do you use?

If you use Windows it seems to that your internal drive is formatted with NTFS file system and your external drive with FAT or FAT32.

In this case try to format your external drive with NTFS and try again.

Remember to save the files before your format!!!

Axel

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Window 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please be much more specific.

how are you doing this move? Are you doing it in Lightroom or your operating system, or somewhere else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am doing it as I do usually, from desktop to an external connected to my laptop.

I have done this thousands of times in the past , but had no problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not answer my question. YOu described where the files are moving from to where they are moving to. I asked:

how are you doing this move? Are you doing it in Lightroom or your operating system, or somewhere else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This process is outside the lightroom. The photos are exported from Lr to desktop. Lr. is closed and then I move photos from laptop, windows 10, to external hard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm ... if you have quoted the exact error message word-for-word above, then a Google search for "This file has properties that can't be copied to a new location" turns up nothing. This is a new error message according to Google that no one has ever asked about before.

So, is that the exact word-for-word error message?

In any event, this is not a Lightroom issue as you are getting this error message outside of Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a couple of screenshots in this thread. I don't know how to help. Maybe you've got some ideas.

Exposure adjustment in Lr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, from those screen captures, the actual error message reads

"are you sure you want to copy this file without its properties"

and Google has the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your comments, I should search the google then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I thought that I have touched any slider or any option in the lightroom that has caused the loss of some info from a file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines