• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'm getting this error message repeatedly -- "Lightroom encountered an error when reading from its preview cache and needs to quit. Lightroom will attempt to fix this problem the next time it launches."

Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have looked through the support forums, and have dragged the "WorkingCatalog Previews.lrdata) to the trash bin more times than I know. I have deleted a lot of stuff off my hard drive, I don't know what else to do.

It's absolutely maddening to have to do this several times a day just to use Lightroom CC, please fix it!

[Moved from the non-technical Lounge Forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an open forum with "some" Adobe staff participation, use the links below to make a report

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform for feature requests or bug reports

-or Feedback forum https://forums.adobe.com/community/creative_cloud/desktop-app/content

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Review your hardware, because that's the root cause, or upgrade to LR6 which (as far as one can tell) resolved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom CC, not sure what you mean by reviewing my hardware but

the desktop is fairly new (about 12 months old), 4k monitor, I have updated

to latest version of CC, but still happening, but doesn't seem to be quite

as often.

On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 1:58 PM, john beardsworth <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Fairly new" hardware can still malfunction. The most likely cause is some hard disk malfunction, perhaps a bad sector.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I have seen, Lr6/2015 resolved this problem. So are you sure you are using CC2015.12, which is the latest version? Go into the Help / System INfo menu, copy the first line and paste it here. Sorry if this seems ridiculous, but we do get people saying they are up-to-date when they're not.

And are you absolutely certain that the WorkingCatalog Previews.lrdata is really the previews cache belonging to the catalogue you were using at the time of the problem? In Explorer or Finder, just check the date modified of the lrcat and lrdata files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yup I'm sure, but here it is and I understand why you ask for this and date modified on both lrcat and lrdata files is 8/4 (which was last time I was on)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines