Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need Help Installing AnimDessin into photoshop CC 2017 and CS5

Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

I know absolutely nothing about ExtensionManager, I've watched all types of youtube videos on this including  using Anastasiy’s Extension Manager (which I can't even get to install).  Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm using windows 7 64 bit Professional.  I would like to install both AnimDessin and Anastasiy’s Extension Manager on both CS5 master collection and creative cloud if possible.  I just need someone who's willing to walk me thru it like I'm a 3 year old.

Thank You

Carl

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

That's strange. If you look at the illustration in post 11, the file offered after clicking on the Download button is a .zxp file.

That is the one modified for CC 2017. The other one might be for 2015 and of course won't work.

I just checked the link and the download page and the zxp is exactly what I get. Nothing's changed. Of course you must restart Photoshop.

I installed it and anime dessin was in the menu and works. But you should uninstall that old one using Anastasiy's Extension Manager. Sele

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as i know, Anastasiy’s Extension Manager only works with photoshop cc versions, since it's not needed for cs6 or cs5 which have perfectly working adobe extension cs5 and cs6 extension managers.

The main reason for the third party extension manager is in the mid cc 2014 photoshop version adobe switched from flash panels to HTML panels, but adobe didn't provide and updated extension manager that works with HTML panels.

You can get the the AnimDessin for photoshop cs5 from here and use the Adobe Extension Manager CS5 to install it.

Amy on Twitter: "anyone have animdessin for cs5?? only able to get to the version for cs6 and cc, wh...

You can get the AnimDessin2 from here that should work in photoshop cc 2017 and no extension manager is required, just make sure you Creative Cloud Desktop Application is set to Sync Files.

https://exchange.adobe.com/addons/products/1524#.WYPf5YqQyRs

What happens when you try to install Anastasiy’s Extension Manager?

Anastasiy's Extension Manager for Adobe platform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

R_Kelly

Thank you for your assistance!  

When I go to https://exchange.adobe.com/addons/products/1524#.WYPf5YqQyRs   I get this below, even though I have an active CC 2017 Subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

R_Kelly

When I use the CS5 extension manager to add the file from link provided I get the following message.  So I still haven't been able to install it on either CS5 or CC 2017.

Thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For CC 2017 get the file from here: https://github.com/sbaril/Photoshop-Animation/blob/master/AnimDessin2_CC17.zxp

And install it using Anastasiy's Extension Manager

CS5 is here: https://t.co/OFVgrHXA5l

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gener7

This is from my first post,  "I would like to install both AnimDessin and Anastasiy’s Extension Manager".   When I try to install Anastasiy’s Extension Manager using the "Extension Manager" application in the compressed folder I am prompted that the program can not run, the winsparkle.dll is missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me check my Windows 10 laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gener7,

I'm running Win 7 64 bit professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know. Try this:

Download ExtensionManager_win.zip to your Desktop

I use Winrar. Extract the folder to your Desktop from the zip archive with all the files iinside, not just the .exe

You should see this and double-clicking the exe should run the Extension Manager.

2017-08-03 21_40_17-ExtensionManager_win.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me know when you have those results and we will move on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once you got the Extension Manager running, keep that window open

2017-08-03 22_04_37-Anastasiy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Next, let's get Anime Dessin if you have not done so.

Photoshop-Animation/AnimDessin2_CC17.zxp at df2f5785dfd65a32faf405e2f42a6314f9b20a2c · sbaril/Photos...

When you click the Download button, use the "Save File" option. My browser's save location is the Desktop. "Open with" is not a good idea at this point because it will call up the wrong program.

2017-08-03 22_08_10-Photoshop-Animation_AnimDessin2_CC17.zxp at df2f5785dfd65a32faf405e2f42a6314f9b2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply locate and drag/drop the .zxp file into Anastasiy's Extension Manager window and it should install as you see in that screenshot.

Then open Photoshop CC 2017 Window menu > Extensions, click on it and it will be in the list.

It shows up, but I don't know anything about the program itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to leave soon, but I'm sure R_Kelly or someone else will be around for further questions. I do not own CS5, so I'm not able to help there.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gener7

This is what I get after downloading and unzipping the Extension manager and opening the execute file.  It appears if Animdessin2.2.0 is already installed.

AEM.JPG

But when I open Photoshop and check for the extension its not there!

PS17.JPG

I was thinking maybe I should uninstall the animdession that was already installed, but when I downloaded the animdessin2.2.0 from the link you suggested and unzipped the file into a folder I could not locate a.zxp file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's strange. If you look at the illustration in post 11, the file offered after clicking on the Download button is a .zxp file.

That is the one modified for CC 2017. The other one might be for 2015 and of course won't work.

I just checked the link and the download page and the zxp is exactly what I get. Nothing's changed. Of course you must restart Photoshop.

I installed it and anime dessin was in the menu and works. But you should uninstall that old one using Anastasiy's Extension Manager. Select that Extension and click "Remove".

Then drop and drag the zxp file into the window to install it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gener7,

This is how it appears on my desktop!

ADDL.JPG

When I click the above zipfile it goes thru an adobe install routine and fails.  For some strange reason its downloading as an adobe zip on my end.  If I unzip it with winzip and go into the folder I get this!  there are no zxp files anywhere!

AD217.JPG

Maybe someone can just post the zxp file for me!

Thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks like the proper zxp package icon. Try changing the extension to zxp. Then drag it into the EM window. Do not double-click it.

I'll upload it to Mediafire and send you the link when I get a chance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, do you have Windows 7 set up to show a file's extension?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/865219/how-to-show-or-hide-file-name-extensions-in-windows-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gener7,

The file extensions were hidden, I just fixed that - and the red box is the zxp file.  I'm going to uninstall the prior animdessin from the file manager, and drag and drop the .zxp file into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gener7,

Thank You!  Success, its in stalled in CC2017.  Now I just have to get it into CS5.

Thank You Very Much!

Carl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me with CC 2017, thanks a lot!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, but be sure you have the Anistasiy Extension manager running. You will drag the zxp into that window, not the EM Folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yepper,

It worked just like you said it would, thank you!  Now hopefully someone has an easy way to get CS5 setup.

Thank You Again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing!,

I just opened Photoshop CS5, somehow in the middle of my confusion it got installed there also.  Many Thanks to every!

Carl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines