• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The recent Animate update messed up all the extensions requiring text input

Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the last Animate update, all the extensions that require text input got jumbled up.

We are using a lot of extensions to help our workflow, clearly because Flash lacks so many important features for animators, and it is crucial that these extensions work. As if it was not enough already, that they stopped support of Extensions Manager, and that all the Add Ons developers had to convert their older extensions to match a new format -  now, even within one version, part of them don't work properly again!?

Until a fix (if it will ever happen) we will have to roll back to the older version...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We haven't heard about this issue from anyone else from what I know. Having said that, did you get in touch with the developers to see if they have updated their extensions to meet the requirements for the latest release.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Preran

You probably didn't hear, because animators usually are a quiet crowd, but since I am supervising a Flash pardon - Animate production, I am the one that has to address all those issues. Besides, it takes time and effort to report all the problems (there are too many), and sorry to tell - me and many others have quite bad experience with Flash developers addressing them - we used to participate in a lot of discussions in the older times, but most problems and features were whether never solved, or half-solved after many versions, while new bugs were appearing, messing up whatever was already working... That's why lot's of people don't bother to report any more. I am a very big user Animate and of add-ons, since some of them make workflow way easier, so I still find the need to address major issues sometimes, with the hope it will be fixed one day.

Now - that's the thing - how can a dozen of different developers - some I don't even know how to find - adapt their plug-ins each time there is a weird build of Animate? And I am supposed to contact 10 or more developers to fix an Animate issue? I mean - they all use exactly the same language to write them and the problem is one for all, not specific to a plug-in...

Anyway, due to that, and some other serious issue, which I will report soon, I had to roll back to Animate 16.0, which works way better than 16.5...

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are at least a couple of animators in the prerelease who use a lot of extensions. And they're not shy about pointing out issues! Are there particular extensions you can mention that no longer work, so we can ask them if they had to do anything to get those working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin

Thats good to hear!

Here are several extensions that encounter this problem - most are from Toonmonkey, so these would be easy to address:

New Anim Clip by Toonmonkey

Newer Anim Clip (an upgrade of the Toonmonkey's plug-in, not sure where I got it from)

Libappend by Toonmonkey

Search and Replace by Toonmonkey

Move to Existing Folder - don't know the developer (by the way - ever since the drop of Extensions Manager support, there is no easy way to see the embedded plug-in description, unless you try to edit the code itself... - another drawback of "progress")

here is a screenshot - for clarity. see how the Text input field is jumbled up

flash_bug_1.JPG

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've asked a couple of them to look in on this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen this on smaller screens even without The plugins and I think it may have to do more with the minimum sizes allowed. I've seen even The Properties box do this in the past. I have not seen it on bigger screens. What size screen are you attempting this on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry - it has nothing to do with screen sizes, it's a bug caused by an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

danasb352  wrote

here is a screenshot - for clarity. see how the Text input field is jumbled up

It would be helpful if you provided a more coherent problem description than "jumbled up", which really doesn't tell anybody anything.

I'm looking at the screenshot you provided and I don't see anything obviously wrong with it. I certainly don't see any "jumbling".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ClayUUID​

I was sure it's obvious - the text fields are just compressed - still can type, but don't see anything.

Here is a screenshot from a Mac computer - same plug-in. See the difference in the text field span.

Screen Shot 2017-08-06 at 20.10.36.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

danasb352  wrote

I was sure it's obvious - the text fields are just compressed

It's only obvious to people who know what it looked like before. And "jumbled" doesn't mean anything remotely like "compressed".

Being obtuse and seeking assistance are not complementary activities. The next time you have an issue, consider describing the problem clearly and explicitly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ClayUUID  wrote

It's only obvious to people who know what it looked like before. And "jumbled" doesn't mean anything remotely like "compressed".

Being obtuse and seeking assistance are not complementary activities. The next time you have an issue, consider describing the problem clearly and explicitly.

Noted

I didn't expect people who are not using those kind of extensions to be even interested in the topic.

At that moment I was a bit pissed off, so my post was a bit emotional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way - I have reported this bug, and received a reply from Adobe, that they are looking already into this issue! this was a pleasant surprise, hope they became more serious about Animate finally...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines