• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video Export Quality / Media Encoder Issues

Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I've been having some off and on trouble with After Effects/ Adobe Media Encoder. Normally when I go to export video everything comes out totally clear and fine. But lately every so often when I render out video via Adobe Media Encoder the finished video ends up being a little fuzzy with some color distortion.

I've tried different export settings and didn't have much luck. Then I tried to uninstall and reinstall and now both after effects and media encoder won't render out video at all.

Also I am primarily using illustrator files and importing them into after effects for my animations. As far as I know my settings for Ai should be fine but I'm not sure if this plays into some underlying role.

Any ideas why this is happening and how I can fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we need to know specifics about how you're exporting to be able to help. like what format are you exporting too? and what settings are you using? which ones are you tweaking to get the bad results? what kind of computer are you on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-08-04 at 12.09.30 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-08-04 at 12.09.49 PM.png

I am working on a mac.

I've bumped up the bitrate, keyframe distance, tried rendering at max depth/ max quality, done VBR 2 pass (not all at once but individually)

I've got the vector files continuously rasterizing in after effects, and the colors for both illustrator and after effects are set to a sRGB IEC61966-2.1 working space. Also I've changed the ae interpret footage EPS option to "more accurate".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1460x822 is an awfully strange video size.  MP4 files typically work in standardized horizontal & vertical dimensions, and your dimensions are not.  I wouldn't be surprised if that's the problem.

As a test, make a file in a resolution-agnostic codec like ProRes 422 and view the result.

By the way, who's asking for a video in those particular dimensions and why?  If you MUST deliver at 1460x822, you may have to choose a different media container & codec for delivery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, while it's rendering at 1460x822 the source is 1461x822 - maybe that scaling down is the issue (difficult to scale down 1461 to 1460 cleanly). May be better to crop to 1460x822 if you can't output at the source resolution? Also maybe check "continuously rasterize" settings for the relevant layers? Also for potentially the best quality, "VBR2 pass" may give better results than "VBR1 pass".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kellieh,

Sorry for this issue. Did you ever find a solution? Please let us know if you have or if you still need help.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

I ended up calling adobe and got the error code and fuzzy-ness issue solved which was great!

Up until last week and now the fuzzy issue is back. No matter what I do each time I render out video it looks horrible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry this one was a bad example. At this size it had previously rendered out fine but then got buggy. I have tried VBR2 pass and do have my vector images set to continuously rasterize. I did end up changing the dimensions and made sure that the source was matching and neither fixed the issue. I wasn't able to try that codec since I don't appear to have it as an option.

Also, now none of my recently completed files will render out in ae or media encoder regardless of their dimensions ( 1280x720, 640x480, 1280x960 ) I keep getting an error with them. However, files that are incomplete where I have only animated one frame are rendering out clear and fine in encoder. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the programs again thinking there is a bug but nothing is changing. I have never had these issues before so this is super weird and frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What error are you getting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the full text of the error message? IS this a Windows error or an AE error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got the same problem. Any solution from Adobe?

I set the media encoder with some preset, shown the output size, for example in 12Mb, but then the output file weights 1,3Mb and goes terrible fuzzy

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same thing here as well. Output looks off. Artifact or fuzzy blurring and a very slight color shift or color distortioin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines