• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to use Animate CC tutorials with enterprise subscription

Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Adobe Animate CC in a mobile gaming course that I teach every fall. There are not any good beginner-oriented tools on lynda.com, so I am contemplating using the tutorials on the Adobe site.

For example, I would like to point students toward this resource: Create a 2D character animation |

Here is my problem. My university has an enterprise site license, and all fifteen computers in our lab are linked to the same institutional ID. However, in order to use the tutorial, students must copy the source files and sample assets to their own creative cloud account so they can access them from the CC libraries panel. This would make sense if every student had a different, personal ID, but we have an enterprise subscription instead of individual IDs.

Is it possible to get access to these source files and other assets without going through the Creative Cloud library? Or, is it possible to do this in an efficient way with the CC library even though we have an enterprise subscription?

Note: I am posting this from my personal account rather than the enterprise account. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Yeah, if you can get access to the files - just download locally and then distribute however necessary.

If you need CS6 files, just download both CC and CS6 and see what happens when opened in CS6. I have no clue what will happen as the originals were created in CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll ask Joseph to pop by, maybe he has the files in a non-CC form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Colin. I appreciate that! As for the larger question, is it definitely the case that Adobe's educational subscribers are not able to use the shared libraries? If so, this seems like a huge issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had previously added that tutorial to my CC library, and in Animate I can right-click Share Link. In the share link page I can get a public URL, and from there I get a graphic that can be dragged to the desktop. I don't think there's an easy solution to getting enterprise accounts to send to different users, but I'm not expert on that, maybe it's easy. But in the meantime, one of you on the enterprise account could share the assets to everyone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Colin. I will try this! I am also contacting the enterprise support team to see what they recommend. I can't be the first educator to bump into this problem. I had always wondered about libraries in the past, but it never really mattered until the tutorials began shifting assets to the libraries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, if you can get access to the files - just download locally and then distribute however necessary.

If you need CS6 files, just download both CC and CS6 and see what happens when opened in CS6. I have no clue what will happen as the originals were created in CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Joseph!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Btw, I'd tell your students to use a graphic symbol instead of a movieclip symbol to animate the characters limbs. Movieclips, as is stated by the tutorial presenter, cannot be previewed in the main view, but graphic symbols can. For animation purposes graphic symbols generally make more sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines