• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to I fix this text?

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am extremely new to this program and need to know how to format this text.  I need the text within the blue box to be formatted as well as the document text.  Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Hi Katie:

You can add, edit and format text with the Type tool (the T in the toolbox on the left). When you select text, the formatting commands appear in the Control panel at the top of the document window.

But before you go there, here's an important concept—everything in InDesign goes inside a frame (or box). There are text frames that hold text, and graphic frames that hold graphics and unassigned frames for color blocks or borders or both. I outlined what appear to be 4 empty frames in your f

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show a screen shot with Frame Edges and Hidden Characters showing.

(Hidden Characters can be found under the Type menu, and Frame Edges under View > Extras.)

Seeing how the document is constructed will help us to give better advice on how to work with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! That page is a mess! Looks like a converted PDF. Anyway: InDesign is not a prgoram you can just learn in a day, you need training: Formatting, Styles, aligning etc. Your best change is to let someone else that knows what she/he is doing do the editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Lynda.com to learn the basics or get some training Adobe Partner Finder | Adobe Training & Certification

Too many new users believe that they can just open a complex application like InDesign and get to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Katie:

You can add, edit and format text with the Type tool (the T in the toolbox on the left). When you select text, the formatting commands appear in the Control panel at the top of the document window.

But before you go there, here's an important concept—everything in InDesign goes inside a frame (or box). There are text frames that hold text, and graphic frames that hold graphics and unassigned frames for color blocks or borders or both. I outlined what appear to be 4 empty frames in your file that are on top of the text you want to edit.

Start with the Selection tool (the black arrow at the very top of the toolbox) click inside each of these frames, and press Delete. If you end up deleting real content, just go to Edit > Undo. But 3 of these empty frames are on top of your content, so you aren't able to just click it with the Type tool and edit. Come back and ask me if you need further clarification.

~Barb

pastedImage_0.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Barb, I believe someone converted this from PDF and I just pulled it into InDesign.  Will this be an issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

From the screen shot you showed, you just need to clean up those extra frames, and then you can edit the text.

As previously noted, InDesign is a complex application that requires some effort to learn, but you should be able to get started (and hopefully finished) now.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines