Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using new Walk tool to make puppet walk through entire frame

Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Just trying to apply new walk tool and get puppet to walk from left side of the frame to right side and off. I manage to record the movement fully, but when I replay it I have to put the puppet first to the initial position on the right side of the frame. When I export the puppet it only exports the movement starting in the middle of the frame.

I am sure it is possible to let the pupped walk fully though the entire span of the frame, so what am I missing here? Many thanks.

Frank

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

possibly by setting body speed to 100 your char should walk right out of the scene…

Hope that helps.

-W

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Thanks for the quick reply. Sorry I was not clear enough. The problem I have is that I want to record the character moving from the left side to the frame and the walking out of the frame on the right side. The issue was not leaving the frame, but starting at the left side. It always started from the middle.

In the meantime I found a workaround. I record the character stepping backwards, then I let him standing still for a second or so and then I let him walk to the right side out of the frame.

Then I export the recorded animation via PNG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you figured out a workaround. In the future, you can use the Position X property under the Transform behavior to adjust the Character's starting position.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I'm having the same problem. Like the OP, I have a character that starts off screen left, and I want him to come into the scene using the walk cycle which I recorded using the Right arrow key. He should stop at around 3 seconds.

It seemed ok when I recorded, I have the Position X red light on along with the Transform light, but when I rewind he doesn't go back to the starting position, off-screen left. He stays where he stopped somewhere mid screen. Then on playback he starts walking from mid screen!

Is the walk cycle conflicting with the X position??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you disarm position X, does it look good? And/or if you click the scene refresh icon below? I also remember with Walk sometimes it seems like I have to arm/record multiple parameters to get the result I want. If you turn them all on and record, does that help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, no. Tried all on, then all off except Position X. Then tried turning off Body speed to 0 so he can just walk in place, and I'll move him with the Transform property position X. I see that in the Welcome animation, the scooter is being animated from left to right and there are the two Position X properties animated. I can scroll the timeline left and right and the scooter follows along like it should, from left to right. Mine keeps popping back to the beginning, off-screen left position. What am I doing wrong?

Is there a video you can recommend that shows the steps to make something animate from one position to the other, or better yet, that shows how to animate and record a walk cycle the right way? I've watched a bunch of the official videos but don't see one that shows exactly the sequence to do that. The "Recording & Editing with Takes" video is what I'm watching now to try to get it.

Here's a screenshot of my timeline:

Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 3.24.17 PM.png

I got it to work but not sure what I did differently. And I'd prefer using the Walk with arrow triggers to do this instead of dragging him with the X property.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I just tried recording Maddie from http://adobe.com/go/chexamples and only had walk and keyboard input armed, made Transform > Position X as -1390, and it seemed to record perfectly. I made a short video here, hope it helps:

https://adobe.ly/2uxCKy7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! definitely helped. I did what you did and I turned on the Walk/Style and I'm able to scroll to see his position. Seems like I don't need to turn on Start ( I didn't know you can make him walk with only the "Keyboard Input"). So far so good! thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this link was helpful for me and i turn on style and walk in it  but i still have the same problem the position of puppet is changing after every play of my record and when i play from frame 1 the position stay in the last position and when i start playing, the recording of my puppet start from that position . i use the refresh button but after every play from first position the position of my puppet change in the last position

for example after the first play this is the first positionCapture1.PNG

after refresh it and play again this is second screenshot

Capture2.PNG

and you see all two screenshots are one position but after every play the position change

what do i do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you refresh, it should move the character back to the "original" position, wherever position x/y placement is. To see the whole thing as intended, you'll have to go back to the start of the timeline.

Did you see what I did at https://adobe.ly/2uxCKy7? If so, what's different about what you're trying to do vs. that example?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did it but after every play position of puppet in the same frame was changed and this 2 screenshot is the identical frame but 2 play .As you say i start from frame 1 and dont change anything.

I capture a movie for help to understand

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you have too many things armed (red dots) on the right. If it's red it means it's looking for new data and that might override what you've recorded. If you disarmed Transform and Walk does it give you consistent results?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is a bug my dots is not very high but i decrease it and this doesnt effect any more . I hope that creating a plugin may solve this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree walk can get weird but I don't think it's an issue a plugin is going to solve. Try this:

1. Start a new project.

2. Import Maddie. Don't touch anything else.

3. Press record in record mode.

4. Press left and right a few times.

5. Stop recording and play back.

6. Stop when done, refresh the scene, and try again.

Your results should be the same as the video I posted above. I believe the issue is because you armed (made the dots red) several parameters that didn't need to be armed. Let me know if this workflow doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dear Samurai

I comply your rules but i have the same issue and i dont solve anymore. i hope this issue solve as soon as possible

this issue frustrated me. i think this is the big problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that - I can't reproduce it over here. The only thing I can think of is that something is armed (red dot) that shouldn't be somewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can test this issue and you will understand what am i saying.this is the big issue i hope you can solve this problem in later version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines