• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can only save as PSD

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I have come across the problem of not being able to save in any file format other than psd. As you can imagine this is causing a lot of problems when it comes to producing work. I have tried updating PS and then completely uninstalling and reinstalling it but nothing has worked. When I click to create new I have to double click the blue create button (always used to be one click didn't it?) then after doing any sort of work if I try to save as a PNG or JPG for example I can set the location and name for the file and upon clicking save the dialog box shuts and nothing happens. I just go back to the image on PS but no files have been created. No extra dialog boxes asking for saving options for the different file formats.

I have also reset the settings file (ctrl/alt/shift) and gone through Reset preferences on Quit to no avail.
Thank you for any help you may be able to offer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could you supply the version of Photoshop (13.0.6 for example) and your OS version?

Be sure your file is RGB mode / 8 bit (next to the filename in the title tab).

In the Layers panel be sure the single layer is labeled Background.

In the Image Size dialog, be sure the pixel size does not exceed 30,000 for either Height or Width.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines