• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In browser editing - client issue - "Muse" adding random letters and numbers(!)

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi fellow webgeeks!

My client is updating his text to test his site before they go live (the site is live but their URL isnt re-directed to it yet) and they are putting in basic text edits but when they publish the site within the text is a bunch of "9"s and also other letters that they havent put into the text. 

Now they are saying that they have wasted their time using me as I am a Muse user.

This isnt good new at all.

Please can someone look into it?! 

Its supposed to look like this, but with any kind of editing:

Screen Shot 2017-08-04 at 22.18.36.png

It looks like this... (bunching the text and adding "9"s

Screen Shot 2017-08-04 at 22.18.26.png

My client states that this is a mess and it clearly is.  They have tried Chrome and Explorer.

Can anybody help?

ed

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

If I understand you right, it is all about this:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-08-05 um 01.08.04.pngBildschirmfoto 2017-08-05 um 01.08.18.png

If so, I would recommend to set your text up in either single lines or single text blocks, so that the client is not able to destroy the text appearance.

So, a text block:

4 Guests

3 Guests

2 Guests

behind this:

€ 159,00 per Person

€ 189,00 per Person

€ 209,00 per Person

behind this:

for 3 days

for 3 days

for 3 days

and so on.

I am pretty sure, that it was not really 100 % clear which part your client wants to change/edit from time to time.

Obviously the client w

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand you right, it is all about this:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-08-05 um 01.08.04.pngBildschirmfoto 2017-08-05 um 01.08.18.png

If so, I would recommend to set your text up in either single lines or single text blocks, so that the client is not able to destroy the text appearance.

So, a text block:

4 Guests

3 Guests

2 Guests

behind this:

€ 159,00 per Person

€ 189,00 per Person

€ 209,00 per Person

behind this:

for 3 days

for 3 days

for 3 days

and so on.

I am pretty sure, that it was not really 100 % clear which part your client wants to change/edit from time to time.

Obviously the client would need something like a tab, which you should create either in a tab generator, which you can follow in this thread how to set up: Re: Trying to insert excel spreadsheet as html but can't resize​

You should test it before, how much your client is able to edit inside this table, Pavel Homeriki ? Is table, created here, editable in inbrowserediting at all?

Or, if this is unpredictable, create the table just with text blocks.

Normally you would need for this a proper CMS but in your case, and only if these items are the only ones which are edited from time to time it should work with this "helpers".

I am sure, your client mixed it up with no intention but maybe it was more a lack of communication.

If you need further help, let us know. Don´t feel bad, it is not your fault only. Your client should know, that a proper CMS, maybe an additional coders and therefor more work costs a lot more, so it is quite unfair to tell it a waste of time.

First of all they didn´t want to spend more money, I guess.

But for your learnings, more communication, what you are able and what not is necessary.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fotoroeder   wrote (a)

You should test it before, how much your client is able to edit inside this table, https://forums.adobe.com/people/Pavel+Homeriki  ? Is table, created here, editable in inbrowserediting at all?

This can only be edited as html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Pavel.

So RockinEd​ , you should take more care with your textbooks. in order to not let your client make mistakingly errors.

I do not know, how these randomly appearing "9"s are created.

Which font did you use? Which browser do they use, which one do you use?

I, once, had to highly recommend, not to use IE at all, for example.

Since this clients uses Chrome it has never been a problem (but I hadn`t the "9" er issue).

And of course this upper text block is not the same as the lower text blocks.

If you need any help, share a .muse with only one page with only this text and no other elements as described

here: Please Provide a .muse File to Help Us Fixing Your Issue!

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines