• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 10, CS6, Cintiq 27 touch, help with gestures misbehaving?

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be an issue across tablets and on both PC and iMac, for some users.
2 finger zoom sometimes work, but is choppy.
1 finger navigation of the canvas works once or twice, but most often shoots the canvas off the page.
No rotation (not sure if that exists, but would be nice).

I use Clip Studio Paint and everything above works perfectly.
I have gpu acceleration on. Drawing Mode is set to Advanced.
Wacome tablet Properties set to 'Use Wacom Gestures'. All my other gestures work great. 3 finger tap, 4 finger swipe(up,down, left, or right). 5 finger tap or swipe.

I made a txt file in note and added this to the appropiate folder and nothing changed after restarting photoshop or after restarting my computer:

# Use WinTab

UseSystemStylus 0

Not sure what to try next. I don't want to turn off gestures because of all the gestures I made, but maybe I can just turn off finger navigation? I could turn off 'use GPU' but I think the other things it does I still use. Like pan flick and scrubbing? I can't remember all it does. 

Any suggestions or pointing to a similar post would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure if the API affects how gestures work.  You say that you have added the WinTab text file.  Have you also turned off off Windows Ink in Wacom Preferences?    I tend to turn off gestures in Preferences because they don't always work as expected.  Turning off GPU acceleration would be drastic because, as you say, it will have a negative affect on so many other features in Photoshop. 

Is pen pressure working OK? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your insights Trevor.Dennis!

Pen pressure is working. How good I am not sure because I don't use pressure much in Photoshop. But it is there on a brush I just tested. Is there a place in photoshop to set the pressure sensitivity?

'Use Windows Ink' is unchecked in the wacom tablet settings.

"I tend to turn off gestures in Preferences ..." You do this in the wacom tablet settings? I have 17 buttons (no room for a keyboard) and still need a few gestures to keep coloring at a decent pace.

I just remembered. I have 3 extensions: Kuler, Magickpicker, and minibridge. Magic picker has caused different issues in the past but not for the past few updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

msammler  wrote

Is there a place in photoshop to set the pressure sensitivity?

Not as such.  You can do so in Wacom Preferences...

or, if you use Windows and have Lazy Nezumi Pro, you heaps of options.  You can even reverse it so that the harder you push, the smaller the line.

msammler  wrote

"I tend to turn off gestures in Preferences ..." You do this in the wacom tablet settings?

In Photoshop Preferences:

I couldn't use my Cintiq Companion 2 without a keyboard.  I have tried a bunch of them, and finally settled on the proper Wacom wireless board.

msammler  wrote

I just remembered. I have 3 extensions: Kuler, Magickpicker, and minibridge. Magic picker has caused different issues in the past but not for the past few updates.

Open Photoshop with the Shift key held down.  This will force it to ignore all extensions and plug-ins.  If your problem goes away, you can start narrowing it down by disabling or uninstalling the extensions one at a time.

Our JJ Mack uses a Surface Pro and has done some investigation into on screen keyboards and shortcut panels.  I am not keen myself as the screens are too small for my iffy eyesight, and I like to keep every pixel available for the image.  I use three large screens on my desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all your comments.

I held shift and started PS CS6, no change. Same behavior.

I do not have a TOOL option on PS CS6. I am using W10 and a Wacom Cintiq touch monitor. Screenshot 2017-08-03 07.17.25.png

Thank you for the Wacom wireless keyboard suggestion. I use the remote that came with my tablet. It is a great remote, but after comic flatting 20 pages in two days, I can strongly suggest a keyboard being more ergonomic for quick repetitive tasks. I have a %65 mechanical keyboard and as soon as I finish my move, will be setting my desk back up with keyboard space. Screenshot 2017-08-05 08.16.01.png

I also have a RAMA M10-A Mechanical Mini Pad, but again, moving and have not set it up. Fully programmable and you can save different sets of commands, set one key to alternate, etc. Just need some numbered keycaps to keep my brain sorted.
Screenshot 2017-08-05 08.23.21.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Interesting. Since I am  playing with settings and using my mouse, I tried the horizontal scroll wheel and it has the same problem as when I use a finger to move the image. The image shoots off screen to the right. I am turning on/off settings in the General settings window to see if any of them make a difference. So far nothing.

EDIT: Vertical scroll works just fine as both scrolling or zooming. If I set my MX logitech mouse horizontal scroll to zoom, then uncheck 'zoom with scroll wheel' in PS settings, horizontal scroll works. BUT still tosses the image off the screen sometimes. But not as often as when I use a finger to navigate the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines