• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble with Moving Files Around and Syncing to LR CC

Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me lay out precisely what I did, I'm sure there is a simple solution.

I was downloading a few thousand images for my wife from our recent trip to her laptop. I got about 90% of the way there onto her c drive when we realized there wasn't enough space on the drive. So I cut and pasted that folder from the c drive onto her portable 1tb hd which had plenty of space. Then I downloaded the remaining 10% of images onto the portable hd (d) and thought all would be well. However, LR still thinks the old download should be on c and considers those 2600+ images missing....even though they are sitting on the d drive. The other 200 images are in the lr catalog in the d drive, but of course in another folder or so lr thinks.

The images on the actual hd are in the correct folder (wife's name pictures) and are organized under 2017 and then by date..which is how she wants them.

What I cannot figure out how to do is to get LR to sync with her hd to recognize that all 2800 images are on the d drive under Lisa's pictures, 2017, then by date.

I have always struggled with how lr deals with folders and getting everything to be in sync between the actual storage medium and the lr catalog. Thanks for the help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

If Lightroom thinks  the photos are in a certain folder, but the photos are in a different folder, then you can fix the problem by following these instructions: Adobe Lightroom - Find moved or missing files and folders

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Lightroom still show those images on the C drive? Is that folder listed, but shown as missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If Lightroom thinks  the photos are in a certain folder, but the photos are in a different folder, then you can fix the problem by following these instructions: Adobe Lightroom - Find moved or missing files and folders

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines