Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CS3 Design Premium download page

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have tried to download the CS3 installer from the Adobe website, however, this message opens in a new tab:

Your connection is not secure

The owner of esd.adobe.com has configured their web site improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this web site.

Learn more…

Report errors like this to help Mozilla identify and block malicious sites

esd.adobe.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is only valid for the following names:

*.akamaized.net, *.akamaihd-staging.net, *.akamaized-staging.net, *.akamaihd.net, a248.e.akamai.net 

Error code: SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN

I am not given the option to download it despite the message, nor would I want to.

I need to install the product onto a Mac that has no CD drive so using the original installation disc is not an option. 

If anyone has a secure solution, I would be very happy to hear it.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

yes, but you don't need it.  it's a download manager.

you can bypass it and download cs3 without it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS3 and Acrobat 8 activation server is retired https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2362726

-includes a link to a special installer and non-activation serial number

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply, John T Smith.

I followed your link to the forum post then followed the link posted by Nancy OShea Activation or connection error when starting CS3 or Acrobat 8 I followed the steps and at step number three, I am taken to a page to download Akamai NetSession Interface. I have downloaded this installer as per the instructions but when I open the installer, this message pops up: Screen Shot 2017-07-28 at 21.03.06.png

Is this process correct? Is it safe to download the application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, but you don't need it.  it's a download manager.

you can bypass it and download cs3 without it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kglad,

Thank you for your reply.

I tried to download the software without the Akamai bit but it wouldn't open so I downloaded that too.

I've come across another problem. I've followed the installation instructions and get to the 'install' step when this message pops up:Screen Shot 2017-07-29 at 12.01.16.png

I click 'cancel' and it stops the installation. I click 'OK' and the message stays up and the installation doesn't happen.

Please could you advise me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My operating system is OS Sierra and I have 8GB memory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt you will be able to get CS3 working in the latest Mac operating system... CS3 is too old.

Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ned,

Thank you very much for the link.

I followed the Creative Suite 5.5, 5 and 4 installation instructions and I am very happy to say that I have managed to get my CS3 working on Sierra! SUCCESS!!!

Thank you all for your very helpful advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come fare per disattivarlo e scaricare cs3?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone -

I have been unsuccessful in getting the CS3 to install off of the Adobe download link.  My CS3 had worked fine until I attempted to load CC as well.  So I ran cleaner / cleaned registry / cleaned ProgramData / etc.  When I try to run the CS3 install all of the files fail (except flash encoder and shared components) and come up with a red X saying "component install failed"  Please help!!!

20170820_222945.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can try using compatibility mode to install but your os is probably not compatible with cs3 and getting it to work, while possible, is probably more trouble than it's worth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on Windows 7 and ran CS3 on this machine since 2013.  It only had an issue when I tried to load CC for a trial version.  Now nothing works.  Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can clean cc, but if that's been improperly removed this may not work:

uninstall everything cc including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

uninstall anything cs3 that is installed (using the control panel)

clean cs3 per http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

restart your computer (don't skip this)

retry installing cs3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I to am having problems with downloading CS3 premium - says my activation code has expired - have chatted with support 5 different times, followed instructions - unloaded used cc and I am still getting an "You have entered an invalid authorization code. Verify the number, re-enter it, and click activate".  BTW when downloading - I do cancel the download of adobe professional as it asks for my disc which is in storage heaven somewhere...  I am running windows 10...

Thanks for any help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ritas61838271 please see Resolve "temporary activation expired" error for CS3 and Acrobat 8 which discusses how to resolve the, "Temporary Activation Expired," error message that may occur when reinstalling Creative Suite 3.

If you have any questions regarding any of the steps, listed in the document, then please update this discussion Ritas61838271.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Followed your instructions and everything went well except when I put in the serial number to register it.  Once input it says that I could not connect and register, then- option to register later - which I chose.  I am wondering if the registration problem will occur later down the road?  Other than that I can now open Illustrator.  Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ritas61838271 are you now seeing the following screen:

Registration - Connection Failure.png

If so then please click on Never Register.  For more information see Blank registration screen in Adobe Creative Suite 3 products​.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

Yes that was the screen that I saw.   Since I chose "Register Later", I am wondering how it will take to ask me to re-register?  I will definitely click on Never Register the next time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ritas61838271 thanks for the update.

There is no need to register CS3.  The registration service which it is attempting to connect to what shut down several years ago.  You can find complete details on how to review, and register, Adobe software titles at Find your serial number .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2019 Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't get this registration screen. I have the original cd and after install, I'm sent to an activation screen which doesn't work, and Adobe told me that the activation process no longer works. So I unistalled all the adobe software, went to this link:Download Adobe Creative Suite 3 products   to get my new serial number and download; downloaded two .dmg files, and when I opened the dmg files for installation, there is no "setup" manager, or installation wizard, just documents.  So I reinstalled from the CD, then I'm back at the activation screen.  How do you get to registration screen? How do I download the CS3 Software instead of installing from the original disk?

thanks

~Sean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2019 Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe removed old links from public view https://theblog.adobe.com/changes-to-creative-cloud-download-availability

-also read https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-limits-software-downloads.html

IMPORTANT NOTE:

The process below WILL NOT WORK if you have a (CS6 or earlier) serial number for an education or volume version, since the only downloads now available are the retail installers, which DO NOT work with an education or volume serial number

Start by reading reply #10 https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2620448

-Also read https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/kb/downloaded-older-app.html

-And https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/find-downloaded-file-app.html

-OR... Go to https://www.adobe.com/about-adobe/contact.html

-click on the Chat bot on the bottom right hand corner of the first screen

--the chat bot is the circle with a funny looking box with 3 dots inside

-click on Downloading or Installing, then type Agent

Do NOT let the support agent tell you to come to the forums for help... no user in a public forum has access to Adobe's internal links, you MUST obtain the program and update links from Adobe support

AND when you finally do have a download link, be sure to copy every file you download to an external drive (or 2 or 3) so you never have to hunt for download links if they are moved again... also make a text file containing ALL of your serial numbers and copy that file as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines