• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Catalog not recognized when reinstall Photoshop elements

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to reinstall Version 11 Photoshop elements because the menus were all messed up.   I cannot get the reinstalled program to recognize my catalog.  I tried to restore the backup but it only copied the files.  I tried to convert the catalog but it would not complete the process.   HELP!  I have ten years of work that I want to retrieve.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

LChessie12  wrote

I had to reinstall Version 11 Photoshop elements because the menus were all messed up.   I cannot get the reinstalled program to recognize my catalog.  I tried to restore the backup but it only copied the files.  I tried to convert the catalog but it would not complete the process.   HELP!  I have ten years of work that I want to retrieve.  

Two ways to start your new PSE11 installation with a given catalog:

- Use the menu File >> Manage catalogs and select the catalog if it is shown or browse to its location on the drive otherwise

- Find the location of the catalog on your drive(s). It's a folder with the name of the catalog. Do a search for a 'catalog.pse11db' file on your computer. That database is within the catalog folder. That folder is 'hidden' by default, you may have to set your Explorer to show hidden files and folders. Double click on that catalog.pse11db file to open PSE11 with that catalog.

What happens in both cases?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines