Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't change object colour

Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My boss gave me a file to edit and change the colour of. I can change some of the colours except for the main background for the button. Could someone maybe help me out and figure out how to change the colour of the entire button?

Here's the photoshop file: https://ufile.io/camv9

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

pretty easy then, just double click the highlighted layer Icon, the color dialogue will show up, chose your color. Done.Screen Shot 2017-08-05 at 21.09.16.png

but beware there are different layer styles who contributes to your button appeareance (such stroke, inner glow etc.)

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi n36626986 ,
do you mean in this way?pipexample.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No mate, I mean the actual button itself. Like turn the entire green colour scheme to red or blue or something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

like this? pipexample.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pretty easy then, just double click the highlighted layer Icon, the color dialogue will show up, chose your color. Done.Screen Shot 2017-08-05 at 21.09.16.png

but beware there are different layer styles who contributes to your button appeareance (such stroke, inner glow etc.)

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for this information!

Is there anything that he's created which would change the entire button with a few clicks. He mentioned that he might have done it but as you said there's different elements which might have to be changed separate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing can really help to save time in this case. Unfortunately the big part here is layer styles and there is no shortcuts for this.

But if you work a lot with UI elements next time I suggest you to take a look at "styles" panel to optimize  time consuming tasks like this.

Cheers.Screen Shot 2017-08-05 at 21.15.32.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One last question, then we're good to go.

The file he's given me vs his current images, there seems to be a difference in the top and bottom glowing bars named "Glow"

team_admin.png

Compared to:

Community_Helper.png

Can you see the differences between the top line glow? Would you be able to fix it or change it so it's the same. I know I'm asking a lot, I'm just rather desperate at the moment sorry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they look the same to me. Just to be sure can you please add the psd file so I can check it in a proper way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I don't have the PSD for the red one, else I'd just be using that instead. I only have the finished version of the red one.

If you look carefully, the top and bottom glowing lines aren't as long, as big glowing and as close.

ppSqXr2.png

vs

o7Xuzfz.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hard to say from here, but I think you can try to change the parameters of the "Inner Glow" or "Outer Glow" in the layer styles of that particular layer. (the layer with lines I ment).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on the layer style options and cannot find anywhere to make it bigger and thicker.

Jf9DNzi.png

Can you see it on your copy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is not a stroke style? In that case add it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines