• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost Files

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, So I Just Had A Photoshoot And I Get Back Home And Go Through The Photos One More Time To Make Sure I Didnt Delete Any Photos That I Wanted To Keep. Next, I Insert The SD Card Into The Card Slot On My Laptop And Began My Importing Process. All But TWO Photos From The Shoot Were "Missing". So I Repeat The Process And Then I Eventually Remove The Card From The Computer And Insert It Back To Try And Fix The Issue. Same Thing. I Close Lightroom And Open Back Up Tp Try Again, Still Nothing. Then I Insert The Card Into My Camera, And The Photos Dont Even Show Up On There Either. This Is The Third Time This Has Happened. Can Someone Help Me With This? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If some worked and not others, it's unlikely that the problem is with Lightroom. Instead of importing straight to Lightroom, try first copying the files from your card into a folder on your desktop. Then import to Lightroom from that folder instead and see if you get the same results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My first thought- your SD card is faulty.

But what happens between your two statements?-

1. "began My Importing Process."  and  

2. "All But TWO Photos From The Shoot Were 'Missing'."

Do you see all the photos in the Import dialog?

or do you mean that you only see two in the Import window?

Does the Import process suggest that all your photos are being imported, and you see previews in the library grid view?

("missing" is a term used by Lightroom to indicate photos that were successfully imported but then become 'lost' to the database.)

More discussion will be needed for help with an answer.

And Open Back Up To Try Again,

I am not sure what you are referring to  with this statement!

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Import Process:

1. Insert Card Into Laptop

2. Open Lightroom

3. File-> Import Photos And Videos

What I Mean By Missing Is That They Never Show Up, As If I Never Took The Photos.

When I Said "All But TWO Photos" I Was Referring To All The Photos From THAT Specific Shoot.

All The Photos That I Kept From Previous Shoots Are There, Just The Ones From The Most Recent Shoot Are Gone, So i Think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Missing" in what sense? Could you explain further?

Since we're trying to help you out, could you help us a little and use proper capitalization when you write? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Missing" As In Not There. Its As If I Didn't Even TKe The Photos At All.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the method suggested by Joefry99 in Post#1 ?

Does your operating system (Windows File Explorer, Mac Finder) see all the files from the recent shoot on the SD?

What OS?

Lr Version number?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike,

First off, re dj_paige, post 3: type like this And Not Like This.  The latter makes it agonizing to read.

Second:  This might not be a Lightroom problem. The first thing you need to do is confirm that these images actually exist. You can do this by trying what I suggested in #1 and then answering the question wobertc posed in #6.

In other words, forget about Lightroom until establishing these files actually exist and can be read from your card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike,

Apologies for asking but, out of interest, how do you manage to capitalise every word in your sentences?

I'm genuinely curious how you manage to type

"Missing" As In Not There

instead of

"Missing" as in not there.

Do you press the shift key every time you start typing a new word?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

My Apologies For Asking, But Do You Not Answer A Question When Asked? Or Do You Always Point Out Things That Are Not As Important As Said Topic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your capitals on every word makes it difficult to read so it is an important topic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you have an answer to my Post#6 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. Not trying to offend. Just genuinely curious.

I don't know the answer to your question. Since I find your capitalised posts hard to read and you're offended by me asking, I'll leave you to it.

Have a nice day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines