• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ARW not converting to DNG

Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently importing a bridal session to LR, and just realized it isn't converting the images to DNG. I always convert, and I did have it selected to convert.

I am using the latest CC version of LR

My camera is the Sony a7II

I did search the forum for an answer, and didn't see anything, just issues with LR not reading ARW. My LR is reading it, just not converting.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

The Convert to DNG process takes some considerable time after the import process has finished. If you are importing many photos you may have to wait as you see each photo preview slowly change to DNG in the grid. (Do not try moving photos in the folder panel until there are no processes running above the Navigator panel.)

Check your import options- they may have changed (without you realizing). Open the import dialog to see if the "Copy as DNG" is still set above the import window.

Have you tried

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Convert to DNG process takes some considerable time after the import process has finished. If you are importing many photos you may have to wait as you see each photo preview slowly change to DNG in the grid. (Do not try moving photos in the folder panel until there are no processes running above the Navigator panel.)

Check your import options- they may have changed (without you realizing). Open the import dialog to see if the "Copy as DNG" is still set above the import window.

Have you tried converting an ARW file to DNG from the main menu- (Library>Convert Photo to DNG). Does this work?

Can you report your Lr version number from {Menu>Help>System Info}  (The top line of the report)  "Latest Version" does not always mean what it suggests!

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never noticed that before I upgraded to CC! You are absolutely right. I checked the images just now, and they are now DNG. I remember them always converting immediately.

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue right now. I have 462 remaining that were imported as DNG from approximately 2600 images days ago. I'm chewing through them at this moment by using convert to DNG as they have been imported.

Lightroom version: CC 2015.13 [ 1141928 ]

Operating system: Mac OS 10 Version: 10.13 [2]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm chewing through them....

I am not sure what you mean by this.

If you used the import option "Copy as DNG", then the process should continue automatically for the 2600 images- and that WILL take some time!. (as each raw file is 'read' , converted, 'written' )

I hope you did not go to the Menu and select  Library>Convert Photo to DNG, as that is just doubling the process. (Converting a DNG to a DNG?)

One suggestion, update Lightroom. You are four updates behind the current Classic v7.2

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Uh no. Sometimes it just quits in the middle for no reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines