• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search option doesn't work

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2008 Oct 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I open the newly generated CHM file > Search Tab and type in a work to search for, no topics are found; even if I search for a simple “the” word. Does anybody know how to fix this issue? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Svetlana, and welcome,

This typically happens when one of the DLLs that the help compiler uses is incorrectly registered. To fix the problem, try refreshing the registration of all HTML Help 1.x DLLs with MJ's Help Diagnostics.

http://helpware.net/downloads/index.htm#MJs

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Pete,

i tried to refresh the registration of all HTML Help 1.x DLLs with MJ's Help Diagnostics, but it didn't help.

"Search" is still not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Svetlana,

Some questions:

1) Can you verify that you have enabled full-text search in your help project?

2) What is the language of your help project, and the default system language of the computer on which you're compiling it? Problems can arise when compiling help files in some non-Western European languages. See this page for details:

http://helpware.net/FAR/far_faq.htm#JapComp

3) Does the search feature work in other help files on your computer?

4) What error messages do you get when searching?

5) Are you using a full-text search "stop list" to prevent the compiler from including commonly occurring words in the search index?

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) Yes.

2) The help project is in English, and the default system language is English as well.

3) This feature worked in previously generated CHMs for this project.

4) The Help window says “No topics found”

5) No.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you feel comfortable sending your help file to me, I'd be more than happy to take a closer look at it. At this distance, it's hard to see where the problem is without taking a proper look at the file. Ideally, I'd also like to see the HTML Help project (.hhp) file for this help file.

You can contact me by clicking my user name at the left.

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Pete! what's your email address?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi all

One thing to note is that you probably need to recompile the CHM files affected after re-registering the DLL(s). I found that was that case when my search began failing. Older CHM files worked just dandy with search and newer files failed. Once I registered the DLL again, I had to recompile the affected CHM files to make them work properly.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp