• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Solid Color mask tool issue

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been coloring a b&w photo in Ps i have been using a solid color mask to brush over the image. Then i set the color mode to overlay. I have been issue free until i was using black as a color while painting i accidentally picked a color off the image. When i selected black again it is no longer in overlay although it says so

http://imgur.com/gallery/44Xtp

This is the link to some pics showing what i am talking about. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you actualyl restarted your PS and even the computer? Hardware acceleration tends to go belly up at times when the buffers of your graphics card are full and that for all intents and purposes messes with blending modes just as well...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just tried and still having issue,not just on the black layer but all layers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but from those screenshots I can't tell much. You show two where it is working (on and off) then for the third image where it is not working - you show a completely different part of the image making it impossible to compare.

That said, from your description of the issue , I would test a separate document just to prove whether the issue is Photoshop or something in that document. If blending modes appear to be broken throughout - then I would do a preference reset.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

here is another image if that helps, this is a separateScreenshot (24).png document that was working fine until i made the mistake in the other one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines