• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Filters in the filter gallery always use the primary color

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for any potentially-misleading title, I didn't exactly know how to describe my problem in a one-liner.

Let's say I wanted to apply the patchwork filter from the filter gallery. If my primary color is set to red it will have a black-and-red tone:Screenshot (95).png

if I choose a random color, such as green it'll just look the same but well... green instead of red.

How do I made it apply the patchwork(or any other effect, since I have the same issue with all of the effects actually) with the default colors of the image, instead of turning it to a simple scale created from the current primary color?

Original image:

Screenshot (94).png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Hi

That middle screenshot shows you are applying not one filter but four filters together -  Patchwork and 3 others (see half way down the right side of the filter properties panel).

You can turn off those other filters by clicking on the eye symbols.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can you describe exactly how you are applying the filter.

If I use the patchwork filter on the image you posted I get this:

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really weird.  All I did was starting photoshop, opening my file, and the last color I used would already be set as primary color(in my case, red) then I would go to Filter > Filter Gallery and then I'd click on the patchwork effect, but everything would still be red anyways. I'm using the latest edition of photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can you show the following full screen screenshot shots. Please include the options bar and layers panel.

1. Immediately before you click on Filter - Filter Gallery. So show the layer highlighted.

2. In the filter gallery - showing the settings

3. Immediately after clicking OK

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope this is what you meant. Here are the screenshots you asked, in order.scr1.PNG

scr2.PNGscr3.PNG

I translated screenshot 2 as my native language is italian and not english. Hope this is enough. Don't mind asking if you need something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

That middle screenshot shows you are applying not one filter but four filters together -  Patchwork and 3 others (see half way down the right side of the filter properties panel).

You can turn off those other filters by clicking on the eye symbols.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah that did it! Thank you davescm, this isn't even the first time you save me 😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines