• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Red becomes brown i camera raw

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does red coulor becomes brown in the new version of camera raw?

@

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without a much more comprehensive description we cannot answer your question.

What version of camera raw are you using?

What kind of file is it?

How are you comparing red and brown (e.g. is it real object vs camera raw on screen   or is it an image file viewed elsewhere compared to camera raw)?

Screenshots always help

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera raw CC. In Bridge camera raw file and JPEG file show equal red, when taken raw file is opened in camera raw the red colors turn brick red or brownish. Have I by mistake changed any settings for the opening procedure in raw?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... and, should I say, when opened again in PhotoShop the red is correct again. It is complicated to regulate saturation when the colors are so different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any difference between ACR and Photoshop means there is a problem with the conversion to the display profile.

1. the display profile itself may be corrupt/defective. Replace it, preferably with one made by a calibrator.
  2. ACR may be using the wrong profile in a dual display setup. An ACR bug occasionally seen.
  3. the conversion is botched by a buggy GPU driver. Turn off "use graphics processor" in ACR preferences.

The first troubleshooting step is always to recalibrate, to make a fresh new profile. As for #2, try to switch main/secondary display assignment in the OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What means ACR+ Where do I find it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK ACR = Adobe Camera Raw where do I turn off graphic processor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

göranl72392166  wrote

Camera raw CC. In Bridge camera raw file and JPEG file show equal red, when taken raw file is opened in camera raw the red colors turn brick red or brownish. Have I by mistake changed any settings for the opening procedure in raw?

I have been meaning to start a thread on what might be the same effect.  Despite being a long time Photoshop user, I don't obsess over colour, but it has been causing me a problem just recently.  Files are appearing  more saturated in Camera RAW than they appear when opened in Photoshop or even previewed in Bridge.  I try to work entirely in sRGB to keep things simple.

Here you go.  A RAW file and an sRGB JPG.  The ACR Preview is just a bit richer and more saturated.

Dag, we need you. https://forums.adobe.com/people/D%20Fosse  

Bridge preview (RAW file)

ACR

Photoshop (sRGB)

Bridge Preview JPG sRGB

ACR default settings.  This one shows it more clearly.  The orange backing to the Flooding sign.  BTW that's my road and it does this a couple of times a year.  The banks either side and the brow the picture was taken from, are stop banks, so we get hoons tear over the crest and into the water.  It's about four foot deep at this point, and I wouldn't risk it in my truck.

Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, could be the very same thing. Or not. Still running three displays, Trevor? Or four?

Anyway. First of all, just to have it out of the way, turn off ACR GPU:

acr_prefs1.png

Next, check your display profile. It should be the right one for that display - which is, one that describes its actual, current response:

Displayprofile_1.png

If it is, and it still doesn't look right, check whether the profile is corrupt or defective. That happens more often than you think - and note that if you're not using a calibrator, you'll get manufacturer profiles through Windows Update. These are surprisingly often unusable, probably because they're not made according to icc spec. Photoshop and/or ACR will rapidly choke on these profiles.

To test that, substitute the profile with a known good one - sRGB IEC61966-2.1 for a standard display, or Adobe RGB for a wide gamut one. It won't be entirely accurate, but close enough to see if you're on the right track. If that fixes it, get a calibrator if you don't have one. Or use the generic profile, as long as it's understood it's just ballpark, nothing more.

Displayprofile_2.png

Relaunch the application after a profile change. It loads the profile at startup and keeps using it until exit. A full reboot is not necessary.

If still no joy, it could be the ACR bug that causes it to use the profile for the primary display even if the application is on the secondary (or third) display. This bug has to my knowledge never been acknowledged by Adobe, but it's been documented here many times, usually in a laptop+external situation. The only fix I know of is to switch primary/secondary display assignment in the OS - or move the application over to the other display and see if it works better there.

That's about it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Dag.  You are a star when it comes to this stuff.  I have had issues with ACR GPU aceleration in the past, but I do have it enabled at the moment.  I'll run through your check list and get back to you.  

I suspect Goran (the OP) might well find that his issue is fixed by turning off ACR GPU aceleration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines