• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stroke around lines

Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesignCS3. I have added stroke around text when labeling photos where the text transitions from lighter parts of the photo to darker parts with great success. For example, a 0.5pt weight black border around white text enables the text to be seen in both the light parts of the photos as well as the dark, and vice versa. But can you do the same thing with a line? For instance, there are times when I need to overlay a line (or a circle, or a square) on a photo and I want the line to be visible in light parts of the photo as well as dark. An example would be a situation where I draw the location of a proposed structure on an overlay of a photo. Thanks for any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

The answer is to use "stroke styles".

My colleague and forum contributor Barb Binder wrote up a tutorial about how to use them:

Adobe InDesign: Creating New Stroke Styles - Rocky Mountain Training

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer is to use "stroke styles".

My colleague and forum contributor Barb Binder wrote up a tutorial about how to use them:

Adobe InDesign: Creating New Stroke Styles - Rocky Mountain Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Steve, the tutorial was very helpful. The solution, at least for me, was to use the stroke styles such as thin-thin or thick-thick to get what I wanted - a white line with a black boundary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines