• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After latest W10 (pro) Update my LR crashes

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My assumption is that the problem I have to Report is linked to the last W10 update, because my LR did function well and nicely before the update.

I can start the LR, comes up, no problem. As soon as I want to Import new fotos the program seems to go into a prolonged thinking period and then the system message comes up in German that there is a problem with the program and the program needs to be shut down. That repeats even after re-starts and even me running the program with admin rights.

Also, the AdobProgram Manager - that is the part that is looking for updates is showing the I am busy sign for ever. it must be killed with the Task Manager.

I have downloaded the Version 6.12 manually and started locally, same problem.

As I am in very critical work phase (my daughter is marrying within weeks) I absolutely need my LR, else by by Daddy.

so I bought a new computer with W7Pro, installed my software and upgraded to 6.12. So I am surviving but I would like it back into my W10 environment.

Who has an (better) idea than simply reversing the W10 update ? Can we find out which component is stalling ?

Thanks, Walter, Zurich, Switzerland

Forgot to mention: I have re-installed under W10 a couple of times, changed the Folders, tried (I think) everything ...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Problem solved, part of my Windows Profile was buggy. We had to delete all references on LR in my user and in the registry, now it is OK again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WALTERHUBER  wrote

My assumption is that the problem I have to Report is linked to the last W10 update, because my LR did function well and nicely before the update.

I can start the LR, comes up, no problem. As soon as I want to Import new fotos the program seems to go into a prolonged thinking period and then the system message comes up in German that there is a problem with the program and the program needs to be shut down.

... tried (I think) everything ...

I suggest you search the forums for an answer. I know this particular error message is discussed often in the forums, but since I have never had this problem I don't know what the solution is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Problem solved, part of my Windows Profile was buggy. We had to delete all references on LR in my user and in the registry, now it is OK again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines