• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto-sized box under your text. How to control the width and height of that box?

Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im doing a motion graphic template in after effect to use in premiere. The goal is to make text with an autoscaling box under it.

While I founda couple of tutorials on how do do this I wish to be able to control the height and width of the backround box separately.

But all my attempts have failed.

I was hoping the offset path in the shape layer would do the trick but it only scales uniformly on x and y.

Seams a little pity to do all text plates manually in illustrator when I was this close. So I'm reaching out for some knowledge here.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you haven't posted your attempts or techniques and said what specifically has failed I can't suggest what to fix, but check out this tutorial from Evan Abrams which uses the sourceRectAtTime expression to control the size of a box/shape layer based on a text layer: SourceRectAtTime() Expression- Adobe After Effects tutorial - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David, It is Evans scripts I used. But I always mess it up when I tried to scale the rectangle shape layer. But Evan says its possible to fix with more math. But I'm more and editor these days and not so good with expressions. But he also gave me a tips of a hack using the repeater I will try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be more specific. Show us your setup with some screenshots with All modified parameters visible (type UU)

And explain what exactly is not working the way it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Joel Arvidsson,

Sorry for this issue. Did you ever find a solution? Please let us know if you have or if you still need help.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines