• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects - Total Failure?

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My After Effects (14.2.1) has completely failed as of 8/4/17.  At start up there is a huge white screen covering what used to be normal dark startup graphic background.  Then, I open a project, the work is in the timeline but there is no preview image in the viewer area at all.  Then attempting to play anything or touching a function crashes the program.  And or, dragging the window edges creates error delay graphic copies of the window frames on the screen eventually crashing.  Messing around with it long enough will fully disable it from starting at all past the opening graphic screen.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times and have set my Dell 8920 back to factory settings and then updated Windows 10 to current and still eventual complete failure in After Effects (14.2.1).  Has anyone else experienced this recently?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Tragedy averted...

Reset preferences by pressing and holding Alt+Control+Shift while opening program and deleted current settings when prompted to.  This got me back in the program and I fixed the missing graphics and viewing errors with a driver update to my AMD card...thanks Katie.

Word.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tragedy averted...

Reset preferences by pressing and holding Alt+Control+Shift while opening program and deleted current settings when prompted to.  This got me back in the program and I fixed the missing graphics and viewing errors with a driver update to my AMD card...thanks Katie.

Word.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines