Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom not seeing library after MacOS sierra update

Participant ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I updated MacOS Sierra to 10.12.6

Opening LR I get the ! grey exclamation mark in the upper right corner of the entire library (80,000)

The Photo Library drive shows as being online, but if I toggle the directory there are ? on all folders.

I checked the permissions on the drive, because I have had that be an issue that causes the "missing" file in LR, but the ownership is set to be ignored.

I then linked the first file to the original and this happened:

Screenshot_2017-07-20_18_12_51.png

same drive, twice. Once with a single image if I toggle down (the one I linked) and the other with 79,000 missing files?

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Henry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

I think the best answer for your Duplicate Drive problem will be found in the answer by Jim Wilde at this link-

Lightroom: Creates duplicate folder after Photoshop edit or Import from disk | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Read the third post where Jim answers this question.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open Finder and see if the drive shows up there.

How exactly is the drive formatted?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drive is formatted Mac OS Extended Journaled GUID. I format all my drives that way. It has been in use as my primary Photo Library for more than a year.

Thanks very much,

Henry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi HankusesDW,

I understand that your Lightroom displaying same hard drive twice in the folder panel. Please refer the troubleshooting document and follow the steps to fix this issue: Folders panel displays same hard drive twice

Let us know if the issue still persists.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mohit,

Looking at the tutorial I am a bit put off as I have hundreds of top level folders in my photo library, this process would take me considerable time. I am hoping there is some more efficient way to get LR to acknowledge the correct drive?

Henry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a maintaince regime to see if that changed or helped the situation. Volume Rebuild and Disk Permissions. I unplugged all drives and restarted LR.

The plot thickens a bit as this is what I have now:

Screen_Shot_2017-07-21_at_11_19_24_AM.png

There is a green light for the "Henry Photo Libraries" that has all 80,000 files and ! and ? as described above. There are no drives plugged into the computer at the moment, so I can only assume it is using my internal HDD as the source of the catalog? I looked in my User/photo/lightroom and there is nothing named "Henry Photo Libraries"

Now, the second folder location has a "1" added to the name? That is new from before I did the maintenance, it still just has the single image I linked and it is offline because all the drives are offline at the moment.

I am hope that there is some solution that does not involve the one I looked at above as it will take me quite some time to re-link all the folders in the 80,000 file drive, there are hundreds of folders at the top level.

Thanks very much for the support.

Henry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been away on vacation for two weeks and now back trying to solve this issue. I cannot do any work on my catalog at the moment and would greatly appreciate feedback.

Thanks very much

Henry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the best answer for your Duplicate Drive problem will be found in the answer by Jim Wilde at this link-

Lightroom: Creates duplicate folder after Photoshop edit or Import from disk | Photoshop Family Cust...

Read the third post where Jim answers this question.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just finished a remote session with Adobe and they fixed the issue, he used this tutorial for help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI1HGAZiYkI

Said it was about confusion LR over a folder from CC 2015 that was no longer in my Library

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines