• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tab Spacing.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just having a little bit of trouble trying to get my tab spacing to line up for me, and was hoping to get a little help.

I have attached a screen shot to help explain. Basically I'm trying to get the verticel bar on all three lines to line up. I have opened the tab display and adjusted all three lines to where I want the tab to start and end. This seems to have worked here the "e" and the "w" are concerned, however as you can see the verticle bar after the "m" is further indented. I realise I've no doubt done something very stupid, or just forgotten to do something, but it's been driving me crazy.

I have tried adjusting each indivual line and trying to aling them visually, but I can't get them to line up right that way either.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.Tabs.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Your first screen shot shows the settings for your second (correct) tab. Neither shows what you have for your first tab. Since you are not you styles, select all three lines (or use shift+return at the end of the first two to make them one paragraph).

I suggest a decimal tab for the tab type, with the pipe character instead of the default period for the Align On, as shown below:

(If this does not work, please select your paragraphs PLUS the tab stop and post another screen shot.)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tabs can be set as part of a paragraph style. Have you done that or did you try to set each line individually?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> I have tried adjusting each indivual line ...

Select all three lines at once and then adjust the tabs. You will initially see mixed tab stops; just select "Clear all" so you can see what you are doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried adjusting them individually, and as a group, as well as setting the tab in a paragraph style as well as outside it.

I have selected all the lines and you can see that there is no blue tab indent indicating two different tab space settings.

Tabs2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your first screen shot shows the settings for your second (correct) tab. Neither shows what you have for your first tab. Since you are not you styles, select all three lines (or use shift+return at the end of the first two to make them one paragraph).

I suggest a decimal tab for the tab type, with the pipe character instead of the default period for the Align On, as shown below:

(If this does not work, please select your paragraphs PLUS the tab stop and post another screen shot.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure exactly what I did lol. But this definitely put me on the right path. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane,

The "Test_1 - Blue" para style is the common use in such a case!

The decimal teb is interesting if you totally use it [see my "Test_2 - Red" para style]

The "Test_3 - Green" para style is cool because it will be able to manage a multi-lines para ["Shading" feature]

Finally, the "Test_4 - Black" para style is the most powerful [personalized pipe aspect] using an extra feature provided by "ParagrahBorder" plugin! …

Capture d’écran 2017-08-07 à 13.20.10.png

Capture d’écran 2017-08-07 à 13.20.02.png

(^/)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Obi-wan,

As usual, I have learned something from the Jedi.

Starting with #4. I see that I can download the trial and play with it—the borders won't print or export—and then decide if I want to spend $25. Do you use it?

DTP Utils | Products | Paragraph Border

If that's done with shading, I will try to play with that when I am not on my iPad. I like the look of one long line.

#1 and #2

I am not seeing the difference?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jane,

Yes, I use it since its beginning! It's very powerful if you need to have a stroke around parts of text as here (screenshots below).

If the text moves, nothing to do! It's totally automatic.

Capture d’écran 2017-08-07 à 15.48.49.png

Capture d’écran 2017-08-07 à 15.51.19.png

About the specificity of #2, I use only one tab, not 2. The pipe is included in the decimal tab. It's not the case in your screenshot!

(^/) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines