Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Graphics Style issue

Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hiii guysss..

i am facing a problem while applying graphics style.. that is when i selected multiple object(rectangle) and i apply graphics style, then its turn all rectangle with same image..( pls check the images..  first one is before applying graphics Style  ) actually i need to apply same graphics style  to all those rectangle.  how to do that..

fresh.JPGerr.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Your "images" aren't placed images. You are using images as a fill of a rectangle. A fill is an attribute of a container and therefore is is – like every attribute (stroke, background colour, corner radius, opacity, …) – taken over into a graphic style.

If you place images, a graphic style doesn't adopt the image, because in this case it is not an attribute, but a content.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the same and also failed.

But, what do you need a graphic style for? If you select all pictures you can set all settings you need

Bildschirmfoto 2017-08-06 um 22.42.33.png

size of the frames, etcetera, at once for all frames and that´s it.

Does this help?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your "images" aren't placed images. You are using images as a fill of a rectangle. A fill is an attribute of a container and therefore is is – like every attribute (stroke, background colour, corner radius, opacity, …) – taken over into a graphic style.

If you place images, a graphic style doesn't adopt the image, because in this case it is not an attribute, but a content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its right.. when I place image its working perfectly..

but my doubt .. when I place an image and also fill a rectangle fill(F), 'the Current selection type'  will be same (showing as Image Frame) why its like that ?

fr.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes (and no):

A fill has nothing to do with the object type. You can fill image containers, rectangles, buttons, text frames, composition targets, composition triggers, menu backgrounds, and …, and …, and …)

Placed images need (or already have) an image container. This is the „crossed out“ rectangle tool in the toolbar.

You may nevertheless fill an image container with a background image, which will be visible, if no image is placed into it.

You can create a „normal“ rectangle, which can be filled with an image. But you can’t place an image into such a rectangle. (Filled) Rectangles can be scaled unproportionally, image frames can’t – or better: only, if they (a) don’t contain a placed image or (b) only contain a fill image.

The disadvantages of filling a frame with image:

• You can’t add keywords to fill images, because HTML conventions define fills as a simple „decoration“.
  • Regarding graphic styles: A fill is considered to be an attribute, what means, that fills will be transferred to other elements if applying a graphic style.

The advantage of  filling a frame with an image:

• The element (a rectangle, a text frame or an image frame without a placed image) can be scaled deliberately, not only proportionally.

Sounds complicated? Just try it and ask, if there are further questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks dearrrr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines