• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Very confused on the iPhone version

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I exit a project on iPhone, no matter the canvas size, it shrinks it down and I want to use the WHOLE canvas not have it shrink? I really cannot figure this out and I'm not sure if this makes sense to anyone but help would be super appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Hi Trevshep,

I have no help to offer, except maybe to clarify the issue and provide an example. Please see the three iPhone screen captures below, and tell me if this is the same issue you mean:

1. Here, we have a project view in which all the documents are shown taking up the full size of the thumbnail. I will choose the first document and open on my iPhone:

IMG_4472.JPG

2. Here I have the document open in the editor. Since the iPhone supports portrait mode only, I have to pinch to zoom out in order to see the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trevshep,

I have no help to offer, except maybe to clarify the issue and provide an example. Please see the three iPhone screen captures below, and tell me if this is the same issue you mean:

1. Here, we have a project view in which all the documents are shown taking up the full size of the thumbnail. I will choose the first document and open on my iPhone:

IMG_4472.JPG

2. Here I have the document open in the editor. Since the iPhone supports portrait mode only, I have to pinch to zoom out in order to see the full document, making the image smaller.

IMG_4473.JPG

3. If I leave the image in that state, and go back to project view, the document is tiny within the thumbnail. In order to get it to show full size, I have to go back into the document, zoom in, and exit - a trial and error process that isn't precise and often leaves a small border on one or more sides, or cuts off the canvas on one or more sides, within the thumbnail.

IMG_4474.JPG

Is this the issue you mean? As I said, I don't have any answers, but I find it frustrating too, and I hope this may get addressed soon. If it's any consolation, this behavior is not new, and exists in the iPad version too it's just not as noticeable to me since I rarely zoom out that far.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevshep, thanks for confirming that this is what you mean.

Sue Garibaldi​, I wonder if this is an issue that's on your team's radar?

Thanks,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Mike,

Yes. The product team is considering a change to the way images are saved to the camera roll.

I've been told that change could come as soon as the summer update (but I suspect it's more likely that it would be in the fall).

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Sue+Garibaldi  wrote

Yes. The product team is considering a change to the way images are saved to the camera roll.

Thanks, Sue! Do you know if the camera roll saving also affects the way the thumbnails are displayed within the project view within the app (as I've shown above in the third image)? Perhaps the two are closely related, but I'm not sure.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mike.

I don't know for certain but since those "views" seem related, so I suspect that the view of the drawing in the Organizer would end up different as well.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines