• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Replacing premiere clip with after effect comp

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Always when I do this the replaced comp gets more shadows for some reason..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think we will need more info to help! Can you include screen shots of the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The wierd thing is that there is no shadows if i watch the comp in after effects..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like a difference in how the color space is being interpreted. Sometimes that is tough to trace down. Are you using the latest version in both apps? What is the footage shot on? Can you send the entire length of the clip from your timeline to AE instead of just that small section?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the latest version of the apps, and it's not my footage, it's stock footage. So I don't know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check in the "interpret footage" in both apps to see if they are using the same color space. If not, set them to match

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where can i find "Interpret footage"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not in front of the app now, but I believe you can right-click on the footage in each app and get to the dialog from there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

didn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In AE first go to "Project Settings" under the file menu (on PC) -  on the "Color Settings" tab select a working space - Use REC 709 if you have a broadcast display, if not use Adobe RGB. Right click on the footage in the project panel. Select "Interpret footage" and then "Main". In that dialog the second tab is "Color Management" There you can select a color space. Adobe RGB should be the correct setting to get it to match PP, if not, try some others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what is happening there - may be because you have the same footage in the list twice, but  i'm not sure about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi steffenv,

Sorry for this issue. Did you ever find a solution? Please let us know if you have or if you still need help.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any effects on the Dynamically Linked comp?

What about creating a new test project and importing both files? Do they still look different?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines