• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 11, a psav video created on a Windows 10 desktop (psav file format) won't play in Elements 11 on Win8 laptop: codec missing error

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

A video I made from photos in Elements 11 that plays fine (from a thumb drive) on my Win10 desktop, (psav file format) won't play in Elements 11 on Win8 laptop: codec missing error? Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is a psav file format? I've never heard of that type of video.

How did you generate a psav?

Why not generate a more universal format, like MP4?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Steve,

I never selected this format, I just used the "auto create video" feature in elements to make photos into a fancy slide show (not a true movie or video per se, just fancy photos combined with music) in canned Adobe elements Premier v11 styles such as birthday, wedding, valentines day, etc. It was the file format elements created the file in. It will play on my Win v10 desktop but when I take flash drive to Win v8 laptop also running Photoshop / Elements v11, I launch Elements, open file to run and get a codec missing error

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines