• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign nightmare!

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont know what is going on with I'D, but it "lost" half of my portfolio. I started ALL THE WAY over, and have been religiously saving to both CC and my NEW thumb drive. I finally finished after 3 straight days of work, since I went to check if it was saved before I closed and it wasn't,  it opened up the 2 portfolios, in ID. I now have 2 open that weren't saved correctly and the one that is complete. It said my device was running out of storage and asked me to force quit all other applications. I did, I force quit everything but I'D, even emptied the trash and I've still got this spinning wheel. It's been going for 30 minutes almost. 

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to supply more information:

Which version of InDesign and OS?

What do you mean, "they weren't saved correctly"?

Are you stating you worked on a document for three days without saving it?

How do your mean, you're running out of storage?

Have you saved incremental copies of your documents?

If you close and reopen your computer are you then able to access your documents?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never use a flash drive to read and write an active file. It may corrupt, and probably will.

Have you restarted your computer?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Michael+Witherell  wrote

Never use a flash drive to read and write an active file.

I'm pretty sure you mean small-capacity flash drives like the ones we call thumb drives, but to be clear, you don't mean the SSD drives that are going into many new computers, right? Those are OK to use with active files(?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the US, the terms "flash drives" and "thumb drives" are pretty much used interchangeably. I think that's what Michael meant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SSD drives are good. Flash/Thumb drives are not.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines