• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE error: CT generic: not ascii (83 :: 2)

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2013 Dec 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am using AE CC and I find this error on start: 

AE error: CT generic: not ascii

(83 :: 2)

I close the alert and AE works correctly, but I want to know what is going on. I am using AE CC 12.1.0.168 on a Windows 7 SP1.

Thanks

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 22, 2016 Aug 22, 2016

Importing works fine.

And also, I worked on the original file in AE 3014 for a while yesterday. Just tried opening it in 2015 again and it worked also. Not sure what the issue was but thanks for input.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2016 Jun 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same error here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SamehBijo wrote:

same error here

What are your specs? What exact version of AE? What OS? Etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10, AE 2015.3,  i just realized that this happened when I was scrolling through fonts, I had to force shut down AE and open it again, everything works fine after that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2016 Aug 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what happened with u composition?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2016 Aug 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same error. When using the latest version of AE (2015.3) and opening a file I created in AE 2014, I get that error. I'm on El Capitan (10.11.6.) If I open the file in 2014, everything is fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 22, 2016 Aug 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you import the troublesome file into a new project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Importing works fine.

And also, I worked on the original file in AE 3014 for a while yesterday. Just tried opening it in 2015 again and it worked also. Not sure what the issue was but thanks for input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem. Glad it's working, whatever it was!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Whenever I use a Chinese font the error message appears. Some times when I hit ESC and DEL together hundreds of times may eliminate the window, but anyway this is a really stupid bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

guys can anyone hepl me in the same problem please..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens is that ever since Creative Cloud Adobe products are being designed and programmed by their damn cleaning lady and simple scrolling trough fonts will give you always-on-top error prompt that can't be killed, because when you click OK it is called again. So you can't save your project and have to kill entire AFX to get rid of the prompt.

Nice bit of design, wonder how that got trough QA. Oh wait, there is none, welcome to subscription land.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delltar  wrote

Nice bit of design, wonder how that got trough QA. Oh wait, there is none, welcome to subscription land.

There is a whole team of people dedicated to QA for After Effects. You can see them in the credits. I've met some of them at NAB. So, I promise that there is QA.

Delltar  wrote

...and simple scrolling trough fonts will give you always-on-top error prompt that can't be killed, because when you click OK it is called again. So you can't save your project and have to kill entire AFX to get rid of the prompt.

For what it's worth, this does not seem to be a very common issue or we would see a lot more forum posts about it. I haven't experienced the issue you're describing personally and, other than you in this thread, haven't heard it mentioned by anyone else either.

Remember, there are an infinite number of possible hardware/software/OS combos out there; it is impossible to test for them all. That's why it's so important that when you or I see issues like this, we should file a bug report so that the After Effects team can be made aware of it and (hopefully) fix it in an upcoming release. In this case, I'm not experiencing the issue, so you will need to be the one to file the bug report for this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been happining with me with a font (wacamole) I have just downloaded it and opened the AE to put the new font and BOOM! error and lost of work. And everytime I select the font this happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2018 Sep 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the exact same issue with add on font.  clicking ok for about 10 minutes now.

I'm going to lose all my work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines